Tell me something...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:07 pm

CLF, I was about your age when I lost my Dad. It doesn't matter what caused it, it is a bad disease. Alot of cancer is triggered by smoking whether it is directly related or not. I'm not one who crusades against smoking and I probably wouldn't have brought it up except I thought it would maybe add a little extra incentive for BG. It is an extremly horrible way to go. My dad was an athlete and a very strong man and this disease just ate him up. I'm sorry about your father, the void really doesn't go away.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:05 pm

no problem, i have read this thread several times a day in the past few days just for the encouragement :) thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:43 pm

Yup, smoking is bad, lost a grandma to it, but man, it's a great feeling to sit at a bar in front of a tv showing a Longhorn football game, have a plate of wings in front of me, a beer in my left hand, a Camel Turkish Silver in my right hand.

Anyway,

I'm David, played middle linebacker and wishbone fullback in high school, averaged 9.0 ypc in high school and about 10 yac, I had over 400 tackles in my varsity career, 4 time all district linebacker, one time all district fullback, All-District Defensive MVP, all-South Plains Linebacker, Academic All-State Linebacker, played in the Greenbelt Bowl (an all-star game for Varsity Blues type high schools in TX). (That's just the highlights, if I get going on everything in high school like theater and computer science, I might be too much of "that guy that doesn't realize high school is over")...

... graduated Oberlin College in '04, B.A. in Economics, Sr. Class VP. My Pops was an All-American for Texas. He didn't play football, he ran track, he still has two records there, which will always be there. It's hard to break the 440yd and 120yd hurdle records, hehehe. The Eyes of Texas was my bedtime lullabye, and have bled burnt orange from birth. Texas recruited me to play for them at linebacker, but no scholarship, Oberlin was the only team that wanted me to play Runningback, so I went there, that and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I got injured after my first game my junior year. I only got to score one touchdown, my sophomore year, but it was the one game my Dad made it to. Now, I'm in a managment training program, and will eventually be running a wholesale operation.

Hook 'Em Horns

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:43 pm

[quote="Yeofoot"]Yup, smoking is bad, lost a grandma to it, but man, it's a great feeling to sit at a bar in front of a tv showing a Longhorn football game, have a plate of wings in front of me, a beer in my left hand, a Camel Turkish Silver in my right hand.

The one part I do not like is the Camel.
It's a much better when there is no smoke in the air.
I was a heavy smoker in my younger days,but sure am glad I kicked the nasty habit.
I at the time before I quit I was up to two packs a day.
Boy am I ever free from it now.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:47 pm

I didn't log on again.
Thought I had but guess I didn't

Jason G
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Jason G » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 pm

Sorry I missed this thread until now. I guess I never scrolled down on the first page far enough to get to it.

It looks as if I have some things in common with a few of the other posters to this forum. I am 34 years old. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I am married and have three daughters.

I graduated from the University of Akron in 1997 with a bachelor's degree in geography and planning. I also have taken classes at Ohio State and Columbus State Community College.

As many of you may have picked up on already, I tend to be the type of sports fan that loves equal competition and parity. I also enjoy trying to find those hidden gems of teams and players that tend to get overlooked by a lot of people.

Return to “Off-Topic”