Tell me something...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:27 pm

colorado_loves_football wrote:And go ahead and remove my postings, as i will no longer be using CFP.

Chris, I think you misunderstood my PM, so I e-mailed you. Hopefully that will clear this all up.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:19 pm

I don't want to leave but I don't want to be a nuisance either.
Thanks Rolltide, for being compassionate, that's admirable.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:40 pm

don't leave! and roll tide is right, wait till you see cane when he decides he's got somethin to say :lol:

i've been being a nuisance lately but i think it may be because i quit smoking 4 days ago. so if i've been rude or amything to ya, sorry! :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:06 pm

This forum is about debate. You don't have to agree with me or vice versa. I don't think anyone is asking you to leave. I enjoy having someone to spar with from time to time. I don't know what the problem was , but I would assume that it was probably the fact that you sometime don't finish your thought in 1 post. Sometimes you post several times in a row to complete your thought. In the old forum if you pressed submit before you were finished you couldn't change it, now you can hit the edit button and finish what you have to say.

You don't have to agree with the "masses" to hang out here. Different perspectives are good in my opinion. It enables others to look at things a different way. Most people who come here are very "rah rah" their own team and conference. Usually after some pretty intense arguments most of us come to realize that there happens to be good football played all around the country. We are football fans and we will always have our particular bias', but you can learn alot from fans of other teams in other conferences. Especially about their history and tradition.

I probably know more about TCU then I would have ever known because you came on here. I will probably never agree with your main argument on mid majors, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate your contribution.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:32 pm

bama_girl wrote:don't leave! and roll tide is right, wait till you see cane when he decides he's got somethin to say :lol:

i've been being a nuisance lately but i think it may be because i quit smoking 4 days ago. so if i've been rude or amything to ya, sorry! :wink:

Good for you on the stopping the light up habit.
I did the same thing 42 years ago today.
Stay with it girl and in about 3weeks you will be really glad you did.

There will be time you will be tempted to start up again but do not give in.
every time you are think about it just walk over to get a sip of water.
In about 3 weeks you will be glad you stuck it out .

Let me know if you stayed with it..

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Spence, you are exactly right. About everything.

This forum is all about debate, and things do get intense once in a while. But if you ever feel that someone stepped over the line, PLEASE do not hesitate to let an Admin or Moderator know. It was JUST NOW brought to my attention about Chris' feelings on the matter. I don't read every thread, and certainly not every post, so it's each persons responsibility to let us know when they feel they have been treated poorly.

And yes, Spence, the issue was with the multiple posts in a row. Like you said, if you're going to do that, just click 'Edit'. It's a great new feature, so why not use it? In doing so, you free up bandwidth and storage space. Like I told Chris... for the number of posts we have right now, the database should be about 1.2Mb in size. Instead, 10.5Mb is the current status. This is in-part because of all the add-ons we have, but it's also due to the large posts, and the multiple posts. I only asked that Chris keep that in mind, and when posting, try and keep it all in one topic.

Right now, this is not an issue. We have the storage space, and it won't become a problem until at the earliest mid-next season. Bandwidth is always a problem here at CFP (in the summer we use about 2GB of bandwidth, last month we used 30GB, and this month about 20GB). We are constantly upgrading our hosting account, which is a GOOD THING. This means more people are coming, which means more ad revenue, which means more features/content. CFP is an ever-growing project, and we like it that way.

If anyone has any questions or comments about what I've said, let me know. I'll be free to explain the logic and the reasoning behind it all.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:13 pm

YEs, Spence, they're even the last Ohio team to beat OSU in Columbus.
No, I know now that's some other college in 1921, so yes this is something of an educational experience for everyone (at least it is for me).
I think the reason I'm being told I need to be a little more concise in my statements, is simple, I"m not concise. And that's a legitimate complaint.
it's not just that I make a lot of posts, you actualy have made more posts than I have, (not by much, though). It's more about putting relevant material here, that other people can benefit from, so that's a fair criticism, I think, so I will try harder to be more specific to whatever topic is being discussed, hopefully with relevant information, but if not it's syonara to me, probably.
I was unware of the 'edit' feature, I appreciate that being brought to my attention, and if I've done anything to offend anyone, I"m sorry, I was simply disappointed with where TCU played in the BCS.
But I guess it all worked out, TCU won, OSU won, Alabama won, maybe Texas will win? NO,that's too much to ask for.
Last edited by colorado_loves_football on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:17 pm

thanks for the encouragement guys!
i haven't been arrested for assault or homicide yet so i'm hoping i can stick with it :lol:
thanks for the tips howdy!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:16 pm

BG good luck with quitting. I watched my dad die of lung cancer almost 6 years ago. If there is ever any incentive to quit it would be the amount of suffering he had to endure during the course of the disease. Your kids will be glad to know you will be around to see your grandchildren, I wish you the very best of luck with this.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:07 am

thanks spence, i'm sorry about your dad.

Howdy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Howdy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:09 pm

Spence wrote:BG good luck with quitting. I watched my dad die of lung cancer almost 6 years ago. If there is ever any incentive to quit it would be the amount of suffering he had to endure during the course of the disease. Your kids will be glad to know you will be around to see your grandchildren, I wish you the very best of luck with this.

Sorry to hear this.
I know all about this kind of pain.
My father died of cancer of the Pancreas in 1940
That was before they had a lot of pain killers
He suffered for several years before his death.

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:40 pm

With respect to this, I still haven't decided if I will stick around. But I appreciate the encouragement, regardless. I don't understand how message boards work, so that is part of the problem.
Smoking is a tough habit to break, so I wish you the best of luck in kicking it, and I believe you'll be happier if you do.
My dad died last year of lung cancer, but it wasn't directly related to smoking, although he smoked for probably a good 20/30 years.
And after he got cancer, he wasn't around very long, so it's something to think about. He was 70 years old (almost to the day!) when he passed away. But like I said, it's possible it wasn't related to smoking, but I suspect it was.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:50 pm

My dad would have been 69 if he would have lasted a couple of months.

Sorry about the downer post BG, I just thought that given the fact that you are trying to quit I would give you a little extra reason. When it gets tough think about your kids.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 pm

An uncle of mine just died from lung cancer. It's amazing, almost everybody here has been affected one way or another with smoking. It is a waste of money, and more importantly, lives. It's too sad.

Good luck by the way, I don't think I've said that yet!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

colorado_loves_football

Postby colorado_loves_football » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:48 pm

My dad had smoked, but he didnt' die from smoke-related cancer, it was unrelated to his smoking. But in fairness, I personally believe a non-smoker is healthier.

Return to “Off-Topic”