Remeber 9/11 8 years later...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Remeber 9/11 8 years later...

Postby Dossenator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:45 pm

I have been watching the History Channel and remembering those who lost their lives 8 years ago. Wow...all these emotions coming back. Hard to believe it has been 8 years all ready. Thanks to all that sacrificed their lives to save the people in those towers....and thanks to the soldiers who are out there, as I type, trying to keep something like this from happening again.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Re: Remeber 9/11 8 years later...

Postby Dossenator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Watching them interview a group of firefighters that were waiting at the bottom of the first tower for their orders. Then the 2nd tower was hit. They then get their orders for search and rescue and start their climb into tower one....using stairs, and have to go up over 1,000 feet with 80 pounds of gear on their back. They looked at one another and wished each other luck...one fireman said this may be out last day. Wow....Not sure I could do what they did that day. Not going to lie....even 8 years later a few tears came down after watching the events unfold again. I think too many Americans have forgotten that day, and have become complacent with the threat we face today from these extremist that want us dead.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm

There were many heroes that day...not just the police and fireman. Many people who were in those buildings sacrificed to save complete strangers. The stories are simply amazing.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Here is to hoping we never forget what can happen when we aren't paying attention.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I could say many things, but it was said a good while ago....

"Have You Forgotten"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdznv9Q6o9
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 pm

There are many places I want to see across this great land before I make my final destination home. But one place I really want to see and experience is that Pennsylvania field! It would be quite an experience to visit all of the 9-11 sites but I want to see that field that truly marks what it means to be an American. Where some men, of new requisite duty, stood up and fought for an idea they'd never, again, get to realize. I thank God for the men who stood at the bottom of a Stairway to Hell, strapped it on one last time, said good luck and goodbye to their brothers, and marched into a certain death for the remote chance they could save the lives of others. I have taken much joy in my life in those who would pick up their cross and follow Him. I have witnessed it many, many times. But on that day, September 11, 2001...I watched it from my uncomfortable safety and I watched it in full! I remember those who lost their lives and I salute those who laid theirs down willingly! Thank you, you will never be forgotten.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Dossenator wrote: I think too many Americans have forgotten that day, and have become complacent with the threat we face today from these extremist that want us dead.

Exactly!!

And there are too many people IN this country that offer a little too much aid and comfort to the enemy.

First it was, "Iraq is not where Bin Laden is, the fight is in Afghanistan." Then after Obama switches to Afghanistan, there are people in his own party that want out of there. You can't please them because they don't really care about "winning"...they view America as the problem.

Whose side are you on anyway???????????????????????????
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:46 pm

Derek,

I guess they must be bound and chained here! Hating it so bad and all!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”