The Big Con Job!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

The Big Con Job!

Postby WoVeU » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Ok, given the last post in this section I am forced to jump to the point. But maybe everybody else heard it already and I'm stupid and don't get it!
{But I wanted to probe seriously as a basis of research. Never mind it doesn't matter.}

"Genes and the Biggest Find Ever in Biology."

I watched a show about 7 weeks ago. Guess what geneticists found (just pieces of so far), gene stimulation controlling physiological development. With the right inputs at the right time in embryos (certain chemical compounds, protein chains or what I can't recall) you can dictate how things develop. We have heard some on this. I saw them make a certain insects wings grow from different parts of a flies body (I think it was), I heard that theorized. And then I watched them take an animal and made it develop different types of teeth...I think it was a chicken they used and grew "human teeth". Now there was NO human DNA being sewn in or splicing and no Jurassic Park stuff!

And the geneticists sit there and said how stunning and amazing this discovery was and how it turned over the concept that evolution took place through an incredible series of mutations. (No crap, finally, anybody that can understand systems and do math can tell you that.) And that these things were locked into the genetic sequence...sitting there from the beginning! But that this only went so far...some life forms only have such and such lengths and certain code lengths aren't there. And you can't make a plant grow animal tissue.....etc.

Where is the big noise on all of this? Where? Think of the excitement and money they could raise...scientist go crazy for this, and this one is huge!
OK, why?
Because this is programming ladies and gentleman. It is sitting their in a master program sequence...not just carriers passing on traits (things you ARE and ARE NOT are sitting there.) Much can't be turned on or off now because if you can read this the time of the gate being opened for programming has been long closed. We do it all the time in programming, on-off-delay-pulse when this or that and this and that but not this happens, then do this to that until this gate goes 0 (or off.) Just like when I right a program and ship to customer A or B. They have most of the same program I just don't turn certain things off or on. Or they don't use one of the inputs....no input no output. It is binary, quaternary, octal, hexi-decimal switch coding just at a masterful level! And certainly having the characteristics of Analog to Digital or vice-versa and analog conversion and probably multiplexing too. The transport mechanisms and transduction are chemical rather than electrical but these are much like your PC...just better, your car....just better!

Now for homework? Where is the big news, the hoopla, the incredible media coverage?
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Re: The Big Con Job!

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:43 am

I'd like to believe that DNA is locked in like you said. One thing I never understood about evolution is that a fish can't wake up some day and say, "I want some legs." It can't happen like that. Which is why this is so confusing. I definitely believe in natural selection which means that organisms who have features conducive to their environment will eventually dominate. But, you know, by saying that you can develop entirely different properties means that DNA is so flexible that over time it can't even resemble its original form. I have a hard time buying that :?

Maybe I just don't understand it well enough :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah, I've always said natural selection is a given. We can witness that on a basis as little as a few years.

Agreed, I want legs don't work...or I'd have had wings long ago. :D

Especially when you consider (few do this) that a person can have less than a square centimeter of abnormally formed or operating tissue in the heart...and your walking time bomb. So how likely is it that through happenstance several thousand and out to millions of these changes could take place where the creature doesn't die...or become impaired so as not to be naturally selectable. Oh, and thousands over others in the same did so as well to pass this trait along (and they didn't die/become unselected). And many advances thousands of times more advanced had to take place, like whole new cell types....oh and these turned into systems that hadn't existed. Oh, and then these huge numbers of throw-offs (which should be thousands of times greater than the selected) died and none were covered with a method to allow for fossilization.

It could happen, just like hitting the Lottery every month for the rest of your life! I'm shopping for islands and countries to buy now!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Yeah, and the whole whale's pelvis thing. I don't get how just because a part of your body isn't in use that it will gradually not be prevelant. I don't know, I'm not a scientist :lol: I read a book in middle school that said a prehistoric ancestor of the whale was similar to a leopard. No joke :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “Off-Topic”