Game 7

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Game 7

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:24 pm

This will be for those hockey fans (if any!).

Aaron Ward just scored. 1-0 with 18 and a half minutes left. I'm cheering for Carolina. Cam Ward has been fantastic, it's really a shame Carolina played with that much lack of passion in the last 2 games. Man that was a good goal by a home-grown, Michigan, former Red Wing!
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:41 pm

So far, Edmonton looks tight, not desperate. There's a minute and four seconds left in the powerplay, and I think Carolina is going to score soon.

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:08 pm

Of course OLN is not what hockey needs. Dish Network baited me into buying the Top 180 package because the Top 120 didn't get OLN. Of course I do watch other channels like Discovery Times, Science Channel, the crappiest movie package they have to offer, etc.

ESPN had a great production. I guess if it's on ESPN, and since they'd promote it so much, it makes me feel like people care about it. I had a hard time watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year, even though they were good, because ESPN didn't want to promote something on another channel so I didn't get coverage or serious analysis like we once did on NHL2Night. When OLN goes after the Major League Lacrosse announcer from ESPN2 to do the west coast games, you know they are making a cheap production. And they treat Mike Emerick like he's a god of hockey announcing when I think he's nothing special. NBC had good coverage though, although I don't know if they were totally committed to showing it because they stuck 2 games on OLN of the finals and they had a huge chunk of the games missing for about 4 weeks or so.

As for the finals, that was a good game, but I kind of knew in the back of my mind that Edmonton had no chance. You knew from the start they didn't have any momentum or hunger, at least not more than Carolina did.

Return to “Off-Topic”