For Derek and WoVeU...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

For Derek and WoVeU...

Postby Eric » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:42 am

Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: For Derek and WoVeU...

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:06 pm

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm

:D :D Really good...but I could do without the singing. (The only reason I don't like Bluegrass...too nasal!)

Man those Hillbillies have a bunch of songs they have covered! But you just can't get Hetfield's tone no matter how good the musicians!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:54 pm

donovan wrote:There is an option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe-MIDDfckw

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, classical music gets a bad rap, but it is pretty closely related with other acoustic genres. Bluegrass does get labeled as hillbilly music and I agree about the vocalists who annoy me for the most part. There's nothing wrong with singing normally :lol: . But as I was saying, bluegrass is inspired by classical and Scottish music and the banjo is an African-inspired instrument. A pretty eclectic and diverse mix if you ask me 8)

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 pm

The more I hear 19 year old's telling me about their pain and delivering unto me their wisdom the more I like classical!

Bluegrass has some of the best musicians in the world! The vocalist, especially male, often make me long to hear Dylan and Kristofferson singing a lovely duet about a mule kicking a dog!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 pm

If you like bluegrass and hate the stereotypical vocals, then you might like Chris Thile. He sings normally but is a mandolin-pickin'-fool :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZS8KgMXECU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrHF93ml08

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Now that is pretty good. You think somebody would have thought of that approach before! Hey let I play some cool and different instruments and actually sing in a tenable voice.

What'll they think of next???
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”