We're all gonna be there when she (America) dies

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: We're all gonna be there when she (America) dies

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:35 pm

..Very beautiful and sad. I was always surprised during the cold war how quickly it ended. Communism fell overnight.
Exposed for the paper tiger it is. I just didn't think it would happen in the United State of America. :cry:
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 am

Thanks Fluiddude. My favorite line is "the fools won't know when she's gone". I am an optimist though...I think their are enough people out there that do remember what made this country great...and I pray that we can save her before it is too late.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:16 pm

I am an optimist too...but I believe that the America we grew up in, even us young bucks in our 30's,...IS DEAD already. Morally.

And without that, the rest is only a matter of time.

The financial death is slowly happening now. And when your political career can be ended by a slanted anti-american press because you dared stand up and demand fiscal responsibility, we are doomed.

When guys can be caught in Europe with 134 billion dollars in bonds, and the only thing our guv-mint does is look at pictures of it on the "internet's" and say they are fake, and the 2 guys are NOWHERE to be found with NO ONE looking for them. WE ARE IN TROUBLE.

Sorry, this is just my 2 cents. :cry: :cry:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Does anyone know what nationality the guys with the bonds were? Were they Japanese? This is a very interesting story.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Glenn Beck is the only one covering it on a major news outlet from what I've seen. That may have changed over the last couple days, but he certainly brought attention to it. They are thought to be Japanese nationals. I think it may have some connection with the Japanese mob and North Korea. I read that on a blog somewhere :lol:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am

I got it from the BBC. It isn't clear what is going on yet.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:49 pm

I think the newly passed legislation through the house is the beginning :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Clean_Energy_and_Security_Act

Wow.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Hopefully the senate will have more sense then the house - they usually do, there are some real nut jobs in the house.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 am

Spence wrote:Hopefully the senate will have more sense then the house - they usually do, there are some real nut jobs in the house.

This bill is a prime example of elite coastal leftwing lunacy vs. midwest/heartland logic.

Our best hope with the Senate is that the sheer numbers may make it more necessary for them to capitulate to public sentiment.

Unfortunately there are quite a few 'nut jobs' in the Senate, too. Topping the list are Harry Reid, Barbara "call me Senator" Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Susan Collins, Chris Dodd, Dick Durbin, Diane Feinstein, John Kerry, Pat Leahy, John Rockefeller, Bernard Sanders and Arlen Specter. There are some Republican "career politicians" I could do without, too.

2010 elections are coming. We must have (at least) a balance of power or all debate is rendered useless. Gridlock is not a bad thing - it forces legislative action to be focused on issues that are important to ALL of us.
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:32 am

I agree. It is time the people pay attention to what is going on. Too many people are caught up in sound bites instead of substance.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 pm

..fanatic wrote:
Spence wrote:Hopefully the senate will have more sense then the house - they usually do, there are some real nut jobs in the house.

This bill is a prime example of elite coastal leftwing lunacy vs. midwest/heartland logic.

Our best hope with the Senate is that the sheer numbers may make it more necessary for them to capitulate to public sentiment.

Unfortunately there are quite a few 'nut jobs' in the Senate, too. Topping the list are Harry Reid, Barbara "call me Senator" Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Robert Byrd, Ted Kennedy, Susan Collins, Chris Dodd, Dick Durbin, Diane Feinstein, John Kerry, Pat Leahy, John Rockefeller, Bernard Sanders and Arlen Specter. There are some Republican "career politicians" I could do without, too.

2010 elections are coming. We must have (at least) a balance of power or all debate is rendered useless. Gridlock is not a bad thing - it forces legislative action to be focused on issues that are important to ALL of us.

167% CORRECT!!!!

Especially this.....
Gridlock is not a bad thing
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”