Expedition Grizzly

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Expedition Grizzly

Postby WoVeU » Mon May 04, 2009 12:13 am

I am always watching these shows (this one is on Animal Planet). You have to see this guy playing with his buddy, a 7' 8" grizzly. A part of me would really love that but no way in Hell I 'd have one that could be around other people and I'd always be carrying a Desert Eagle and a 44 magnum. I still wouldn't be terribly comfortable. I don't quite get these guys...obviously a great level of passion but man, doesn't there have to be more to it. Shouldn't the fear be a little higher...I know they respect them...but I don't know if that goes far enough!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Expedition Grizzly

Postby billybud » Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah...there is always another "Roy my boy" (Seigefried & Roy) who will assure us how in control they are.

Heck...even a ray can kill an an animal expert.

Me? I even stay away from my friend's psychotic cat...who will purr and rub against your legs and than scratch or bite the moment you reach to pet the beast.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Last year I watched a film where a man was living with several large bears...right next to a salmon stream. Here is a link to his story (http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/treadwel ... 85763.html). They of course killed him and his girlfriend. In the video he would go up and pet the bears, hug them, feed them, etc. He of course always said they were not dangerous animals.

Last year or the year before there was a retired man living somewhere in the Northwest. He decided to live with the bears full time...and they killed him.

These people are crazy...is it bad that I laugh at their stupidity.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue May 05, 2009 2:27 pm

...and a take on the old parable....the bear said, "You knew I was a bear when you started to hang out with me."
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue May 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Or as my mother used to say..."You can't blame a weasel for having sharp teeth".
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 am

billybud wrote:Or as my mother used to say..."You can't blame a weasel for having sharp teeth".

That is good. I am going to use that...and your mother may or may not get credit...probably not. :D :D :D :D
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu May 07, 2009 12:36 am

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are killing me!

I get a big enough kick out of "mommy kissin' a baby!" You know these super dog lovers who like to let their dogs lick them on their lips and such!

I've been talking to the kids about a show I want to make, "Hold-Up!" Mostly to review commercials and shows and such and freeze frame at the stupid moments...then show how this situation would really turn-out! Many of these to wind up with the wife getting tossed out into the yard or through the upper bedroom window into the pool! (For those lets make the guy, especially the white guy, the butt of every joke, and being completely ran over by a woman!)

Aaaaany way. I would definitely have some "Rewind" segments. One of such, "mommy kissin' a baby!" Hold-Up...rewind...show the dog doing that hunchity butt drag thingy across the carpet and then the full face, dripping wet tongue, with extra teeth getting down and dirty in to colon business! And then FFWD to, "mommy kissin' a baby!"
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”