The Raiders????

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

The Raiders????

Postby WoVeU » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 pm

They are just killing me! I've been through 26 years of fan-hood with something like half of those years being bad. And more years than that washed in drama.

Now, they pass on Michael Crabtree with the 7th pick!

Don't get me wrong, I think Heyward-Bey could be an All-Star, but Crabtree is one of those guys who has a shot at being the best ever! Talk about a pick that could be a Sam Bowie?????
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: The Raiders????

Postby WoVeU » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 pm

Oh Lord help me!!!

Seriously, seriously???

With the Raiders 2nd pick and the 47th pick of the draft they pick a guy who might be the 40th best Safety in the draft! Yes, that means they might have just laid hold of a guy who is among the top 400 or 500 players available, maybe. :roll: :roll:

I think this is the death knell for me and the Raiders...irreconcilable differences. :(
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

If you want to know who this year's busts of the draft are see the Bengal's picks. Better then average shot they are in there.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 pm

How bout my boy Stafford. 8) 8) 8)

I figured he would go first since the Lions really need some leadership, well......anything is better than what they have now. I look forward to what he's gonna do there. If anything can happen there. :roll: :roll:

And the Broncos sure do like Georgia Running Backs.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 pm

I will of course be watching Pat White. Miami will definitely be on my dad's list next fall having Pennington and White. It might be time for me to jump ship and get a new team...I will watch Miami as close as I can next year And the Texans too with Steve Slaton going into his Sophomore year.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 am

Derek wrote:How bout my boy Stafford. 8) 8) 8)

I figured he would go first since the Lions really need some leadership, well......anything is better than what they have now. I look forward to what he's gonna do there. If anything can happen there. :roll: :roll:

And the Broncos sure do like Georgia Running Backs.

Stafford is a real enigma. He seems to have all the mental and physical tools to be a great QB, but he really hasn't shown it yet. I wonder if he is one of those guys who just doesn't process information quickly enough.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:29 am

I'm wondering how much these increasingly fat contracts are pushing the desire for adding regular season games in the NFL? And I wonder how much going to more games will push the demand for bigger contracts?
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:17 pm

WoVeU wrote:I'm wondering how much these increasingly fat contracts are pushing the desire for adding regular season games in the NFL? And I wonder how much going to more games will push the demand for bigger contracts?

I think you are right...it will cause that...and what these egos never seem to get is, as much as people like football..they do not want it all year. (NBA! ad nauseum...playoffs are longer than the season.) Seats will not longer be filled with the economy and the high prices....Season tickets holders are plummeting.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 pm

donovan wrote:
WoVeU wrote:I'm wondering how much these increasingly fat contracts are pushing the desire for adding regular season games in the NFL? And I wonder how much going to more games will push the demand for bigger contracts?

I think you are right...it will cause that...and what these egos never seem to get is, as much as people like football..they do not want it all year. (NBA! ad nauseum...playoffs are longer than the season.) Seats will not longer be filled with the economy and the high prices....Season tickets holders are plummeting.

I start feeling bad about watching college ball a little bit after all the weeks, and many hours for me watching. I don't watch a full season of nothing else. I like NASCAR but it is ridiculously long. I watch the Cup race 90% of the time and no other news around it.

And I think many sports fans have season budgets (who go to games). The NFL is a big ticket, a few more games is going to have to put a bigger price out of some people's range, especially in this economy.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Baseball is still a pretty good deal, if you have time. It isn't money that hurts baseball, it is the grind. It is tough for season ticket holders to remain excited about something that goes on day after day after day. After a while it is like having a second job.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I just posted something about the Draft on the General Discussion board. Figured it has something to do with college football :D
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “Off-Topic”