Prescription Drug Commercials

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Prescription Drug Commercials

Postby WoVeU » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 am

Are you kidding me with these commercials? Half of the country is going nuts about cigarettes (I should be going nuts because they have ruined them.) The majority is going crazy about street drugs. Then they let these Narcotic Companies, I mean Pharmaceutical Companies, hock there junk and fixes on TV.

But above it all you have to love the side effects portion of the program. Seriously, seriously, seriously...you have to be kidding...I usually laugh my kidneys off! The side effects you MAY get make the original problem look like a hang nail!
And of late I have heard of a few people I know or my family knows who just quit all the scripts and are doing much better! This stuff too, is out of hand!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Prescription Drug Commercials

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am

Agreed.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:37 am

I am going to be scoring an independent feature film later this year titled "Standard American Diet". It is about how Americans have become chemically dependent.

Little bit of a side note...I love the commercials that are put out my lawyers looking to sue the drug companies. I saw one recently that had me rolling in the floor. It said if you had taken the drug (????? can't remember the name) and you or a loved one died then please call this number. I almost called...I was going to inform them that the drug did indeed killed me. My wife thought I heard the commercial wrong...but it played several more times and I did hear it right.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 am

Was it Vioxx?

BTW, I Googled and at least one other person said the same thing. I am pretty sure I heard the same thing but it was more than 6 weeks ago, I think it was a Vioxx commercial.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Dossenator wrote:I am going to be scoring an independent feature film later this year titled "Standard American Diet". It is about how Americans have become chemically dependent.

Little bit of a side note...I love the commercials that are put out my lawyers looking to sue the drug companies. I saw one recently that had me rolling in the floor. It said if you had taken the drug (????? can't remember the name) and you or a loved one died then please call this number. I almost called...I was going to inform them that the drug did indeed killed me. My wife thought I heard the commercial wrong...but it played several more times and I did hear it right.

Ambulance chasers. Part of the problem IMO.

Don't know if you guys get it where you're at...but we get the Binder & BInder commercials where the guy is in a cowboy hat, and the backdrop is New York City. Hello?? NYC?? Cowboy Hat?

Do they do this for fun?? Is the joke really on us??
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Derek wrote:
Dossenator wrote:I am going to be scoring an independent feature film later this year titled "Standard American Diet". It is about how Americans have become chemically dependent.

Ambulance chasers. Part of the problem IMO.

Don't know if you guys get it where you're at...but we get the Binder & BInder commercials where the guy is in a cowboy hat, and the backdrop is New York City. Hello?? NYC?? Cowboy Hat?

Do they do this for fun?? Is the joke really on us??

The joke is all on us...some of us just ain't laughing. Lawyers, guns, and money....2 out of 3 ain't bad. Guns and money ain't bad, depending whose hands their in. Now take a lawyer, by the neck, shake liberally and hold for 2 minutes....ain't bad in hands like that either!
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”