Muhahahaha!

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Muhahahaha!

Postby WoVeU » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:20 pm

R U Kidding me...and I just paused it 30 seconds in. Oh Lord...what has happened. This World and this country is nothing short of absurd!

Oh my, dis ih increble. Da Gatuhs and Urba Myers is worvy of da gument usin flo times to awnahs dem!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Wow! In what role does this "kind lady" serve the University of Florida? I hope she is not an English professor! :D
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:28 am

She is a Congresswoman.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:00 am

......and football is the least of Florida's problems....
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:08 am

donovan wrote:......and football is the least of Florida's problems....

Exactly...my thoughts...and my wife's (showed it to her). Now you do get Representatives every year who stand to recognize a sports team back home but this is more often in the realm of 10 to 20 seconds. Sometimes they just dawn a shirt.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

WoVeU wrote:
donovan wrote:......and football is the least of Florida's problems....

Exactly...my thoughts...and my wife's (showed it to her). Now you do get Representatives every year who stand to recognize a sports team back home but this is more often in the realm of 10 to 20 seconds. Sometimes they just dawn a shirt.

And we want these people to be in charge of more of our lives? :shock:
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

Colorado_Football wrote:
WoVeU wrote:R U Kidding me...and I just paused it 30 seconds in.
You missed the Gator Chant, then "One, two, three-four-five, thems the Gators don't take no jive!"

VoVeU wrote: Oh Lord...what has happened. This World and this country is nothing short of absurd!
No, I liked it, she's 'down home' and did a good job outlining it.

WoVeU wrote:Oh my, dis ih increble. Da Gatuhs and Urba Myers is worvy of da gument usin flo times to awnahs dem!

Dems Gators gonna beat every team that come de way. No matta who.

No way I'd miss that gem. I paused to collect myself, then watched the whole thing. Then showed my wife and then my sister. Amazingly it didn't get any better...you actually pick up on even more.
R. Reagan

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:23 pm

There is no way in this world that lady is a congress woman. Wow...if she is then anyone can be.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 pm

I'd go with "C", which makes her one of the ridiculous examples that distract from higly qualified and successfull people.

I mean nothing else can cause a day that bad. Not pain, drugs, no sleep, not being prepared...you could put all these together and people who quit school in 9th grade in 1973 could do much, much better.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 am

I am not so concerned about this Representative....but he constituents that elected her.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 am

Donovan...I was thinking the very same thing.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:02 pm

well...check out the "enhanced" vid....

http://dancingintheendzone.blogspot.com ... gator.html
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm

billybud wrote:well...check out the "enhanced" vid....

http://dancingintheendzone.blogspot.com ... gator.html

I have to gradulate you on that submission! Or is that suscription?

BB,
I can honestly say you would be a great representative. Why don't you move into that district and run, all you need is this video. It would be the cheapest campaign in history, I mean hisry!

What does she make...$180,000.00 a year? I'd love to see her resume! To be clare (purposeful), I do not want to see her resume (re-zoom)...I want to see her resume' (that is read rez-a-may!)
R. Reagan

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:18 am

I have known Corinne for years...she was in the state legislature when I was working with that body.

People elect people for reasons other than elocution and use of standard english. Ms. Brown's speaking language and race reflect that of her district.

Ted Kennedy could give a world class speech in her district and receive mild applause, Corinne following Ted, could mangle all the standard english she wishes and have a screaming crowd pumping their fists in the air.

I'll let a secret out. I have been an American Idol devotee for now going on eight seasons. My wife and I faithfully watch and cheer for our favorites. Earlier this season, Simon cautioned a singer from Puerto Rico that he should work on losing his accent. I thought that was lunacy. A guy with a pronounced British accent telling a man that his hispanic accent was "limiting". Maybe someone should have told the Beatles how limiting their working class Liverpudlian accent would be.

Sometimes our european based biases come forward. Would Simon, or anyone, tell a black man to try to sound, well, less black? Or did anyone ask Carrie Underwood to sound less southern?

One only has to listen to post game interviews of football players to realize that, we too, have Liverpudlian type dialects as a subset of our national standard english. Corrine may be speaking the language of football, as it is spoken by the players.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Billybud...I see what you are saying. But Carrie Underwood, Jorge Nunez (yes I watch Idol every week), Simon Cowell...all have accents but they do not butcher the language. Corinne mis-pronounced words...leaving letters out, changing peoples names, speaking in sentence fragments, and sometimes just not making a whole lot of sense. It is one thing for her to be in the state legislature. But I think someone posted that she has been a professor at more than one University. If that is true then it is inexcusable. I grew up with people saying stuff like: ain't, ya'll, you'ons, etc. and the list could go on and on. Those individuals would never have a chance at public office much less a job as a professor. I don't speak that way. Even when I speak to family or friends that speak that way. She may be a smart, capable woman...if so she should take the time to try to at least speak coherently. The video reminds me a little of miss South Carolina a couple of years ago. Maybe miss South Carolina went to college where Corinne teaches.

Return to “Off-Topic”