Cheney interview...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Cheney interview...

Postby Dossenator » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200902 ... tico/18390

The new administrations view of the world scares me. I agree with Cheney on this one....he says that there is a reason the US has not had a major attack on its soil since 9/11. He said that interrogation techniques used in Gitmo, and other Bush policies, have stopped major attacks. I pray that Obama is tough behind the scenes, and that what he is giving out to the public is just and act to appease the people who voted for him. However, it was reported a few days ago that he said the White House/US would drop the Bush saying: "War on Terror". He said the reason was that he wanted to repair our image with Muslim nations. Really. The same ones that harbor and or train the terroists of the world. If he does not realize that we are fighting a war on terror then I am afraid we have the wrong man on the job. Scary times indeed.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Cheney interview...

Postby Derek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I am in 143% agreement on this. I don't really care about having the high "moral ground" on this issue. If saving innocent lives, not just Americans, from these vile EVIL people can be accomplished by pouring water across their face....I DO NOT CARE! DO it.

I don't care how the French government views us for this. I am concerned about saving lives, not claiming some moral superiority over others because "we don't torture".

I think our culture has ALREADY proven itself better than their's. For instance, We don't stone women for walking around with their faace showing, amongst many other things.

I also agree with Newt Gingrich when he said..." I'm afraid this political system will not react until we lose a city."

We are in danger. IMO.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”