Time......Reunuion Weekend

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Time......Reunuion Weekend

Postby WoVeU » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:27 pm

I was looking up old friends from the Air Force this week online. I contacted 3 of them...wow! So much can happen in 14 or 15 years...time allows for so many changes...yet none. A husband and wife both in the Air Force...to see a picture of 16.5, 15, 12.5 year old kids when I had only seen the oldest at 18 months. It was just a wow experience, a little of old times and a whole lot catching up! I was so glad they were still married and happy, having trotted the globe and him being TDY all the time. (TDY-gone on Temporary Duty for you civy guys.) Another buddy from the Cincy are who I was watching on videos hold my oldest boy and cackling as my son smacked his self in the head with the rattle. My boy is 15 now and 2" taller than my wife. I was hurt to hear he was divorced 3 years ago...after finally having 2 kids. His High School sweetheart all tolled 18 years together.

But i could talk to them just like they had been gone a week!

If you have been really wondering what good old so-and-so is doing, look him up! WIth a little determination and using your head you can find much for free!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Time......Reunuion Weekend

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I recently made contact with a guy I was in the Navy with, so it's been about 16-17 years since I've talked to him.

A LOT happens in that amount of time. We've been through 2 2-term Presidents in that time.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Time......Reunuion Weekend

Postby WoVeU » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Derek wrote:I recently made contact with a guy I was in the Navy with, so it's been about 16-17 years since I've talked to him.

A LOT happens in that amount of time. We've been through 2 2-term Presidents in that time.

No kidding brother...it really floored me. Usually I have to be in the Good Book to set back and be that reflective and thinking about the vastness of life. And it will similarly invigorate you! Takes years off in some ways, they just peel away!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “Off-Topic”