Around the Horn/PTI

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Around the Horn/PTI

Postby Eric » Thu May 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Man, ESPN annoys me. The problem I think is that they have to make sure they know about every sport and come up with a reason why to support their opinion that their reasoning is very shallow. I mean, come on, how can one draw a conclusion after one game of a playoff series? Already the championship is going to be Miami vs. Phoenix. When do these guys learn that stuff happens, especially in the playoffs?

Same goes for baseball, a star has a bad game and he's a shell of himself and the team is going to hit the tank because he can't carry them anymore. It's one game guys! I take what they have to say with a grain of salt which is why I don't watch it too much anymore. It's just not in-depth analysis.

If I want to hear about a sport, I would rather listen to the expert (Barry Melrose=hockey, Greg Anthony=basketball, Sean Salisbury=NFL, Lee Corso=college football, etc.).
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat May 27, 2006 11:43 pm

i know, i don't even watch them this time of year.
they are just yacking for the sake of listening to themselves talk while putting as little thought and effort into their reports as possible yackyackyackyaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Return to “Off-Topic”