Moussaoui Trial

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Moussaoui Trial

Postby Eric » Wed May 03, 2006 5:31 pm

What is the deal with this? The guy gets involved with 9/11 and we let him off of the hook with life in prison? I would prefer a criminal would get a life of tedious, manual labor because giving them the death sentence would be a cop-out. They don't value human life, so it wouldn't matter to one if you were to take it away. But this crime transcends your normal crime.

The guy wanted to be a martyr. Like the Captian in "Cool Hand Luke" once said, "he wants it....he gets it!"
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed May 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Considering this outcome, as far as I'm concerned the Captian was right on point when he said, "What we have here is failure to communicate." :evil:

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Wed May 03, 2006 5:34 pm

Isn't hanging still considered the punishment for a traitor? Well, if it's good enough for a traitor, I think it's good enough for this too. But the American public would never let that slide, even after what he did.

You make a good point about him wanting to be a martyr... so isn't giving him what he wants sort of a cop-out, too? At least with life in prison he probably gets to have the crap beat out of him on a daily basis. I'm undecided on this one. Oh well.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed May 03, 2006 5:41 pm

They should tie him to the front of a car, head first. Then crash him into a building. After all that was his goal, wasn't it?:evil:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed May 03, 2006 5:43 pm

I just think the severity of his crime outweighs the principle. I suppose it is a cop-out, but if you believe in afterlife, I don't know if it would be.

I'm kind of teeter-totering on this too. I just think he deserves to die. If somebody is on death row, you're telling me their crime would be more severe than Moussaoui's. I thought the justice system was all about precedents?

I'm a tad undecided too. I think I should weigh out all of the options before I comment too much on this post.

"What we have here is failure to communicate."
That's a great line too! :lol:

"Now, it's all up to you. Now I can be a good guy, or I can be one real mean jerk. It's all up to you." :lol:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Wed May 03, 2006 7:38 pm

i wouldn't have a problem with them giving these jerks life sentences if they would get a little more creative with the sentencing.
giving him life in prison dressed like a crack ho would make me happy.

afterall we are paying to feed and clothe him right?
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed May 03, 2006 9:06 pm

I wanted to see him fry too..

The fact that he's not going to die, tells me that we are not going to win this war.... WHY??

The American people dont have the stomach to fight another war like WWII.

And the ACLU would stop at nothing to prevent any questiong that might cause someone discomfort.

Asleep at the switch!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed May 03, 2006 10:47 pm

Honestly, I have always been against the death penalty. I have always been in favor of sticking muderers in a 6x9 cell with a toilet, a bed, and a rope. Slide their food through a crack in the door. No exercise, no radio, no tv, and no contact with anyone but their lawyer. The life sentence wouldn't last that long and it wouldn't cost us that much to house them.

Prison should be someplace that even a dog wouldn't want to spend the night.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed May 03, 2006 11:09 pm

My issue with this is the premeditated killing of people who were simply going about their business either on the planes, at work or doing their job.

They are just like us. They have no say in what goes on in the world. That kind of stupidity just gets more innocent people killed.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed May 03, 2006 11:56 pm

I have no use for people who don't value human life. When what goes around comes back to him, I hope he gets one moment to reflect on how wrong he turned out to be.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu May 04, 2006 5:46 pm

David wrote:I'm all for cruel and unusual punishment in for this foreign scum. In my eyes he deserves nothing less and not being a US citizen, we do not have to grant him rights that we have as citizens. And whats up with the there even being a trail we should have gone straight to the punishment stage of this case the day we caught this rat-jerk.

What's up?? What I said earlier....Political correctness has run amok.

We do not have the stomach to take these people on, we have a problem with making the sacrifices to win a war like this.

We are asleep at the switch, just dont wake us up from American Idol or another reality show, and we will be happy. :(

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu May 04, 2006 10:40 pm

Really. I just heard about this man of Dominican descent fighting for the US who died and didn't tell his mother he was going back to Iraq because he didn't want to frighten her. Guess what happens? He gets hit by a roadside bomb and they bring her the news.

I'm sure more people give a crap about whatever the heck Brittany Spears has been doing lately.

Speaking of people not being aware of anything, has anybody heard about the people who can't locate geographical items on a map? I saw that 9 in 10 can't locate Afghanistan on a map. I think we all can though............

.....right? :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri May 05, 2006 12:02 am

Eric wrote:Really. I just heard about this man of Dominican descent fighting for the US who died and didn't tell his mother he was going back to Iraq because he didn't want to frighten her. Guess what happens? He gets hit by a roadside bomb and they bring her the news.

I'm sure more people give a crap about whatever the heck Brittany Spears has been doing lately.

Speaking of people not being aware of anything, has anybody heard about the people who can't locate geographical items on a map? I saw that 9 in 10 can't locate Afghanistan on a map. I think we all can though............

.....right? :lol:

Yes I can. :D And I can also find Louisiana. That's the survey you were talking about.

Im not saying that EVERY person is this way. Just a majority of people.

And the ACLU will not rest until our hands are completely tied, in the execution of this war.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most, is that most people have forgoten how fanatical and serious these people are.

At least I get that impression from watching the news.

- John Madden

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 am

The news media has lost control of itself and is not a good source of accurate and timely information any more.

I saw when I got back that its becoming even more so on the sports side. I read a headline where one of the players for the Ohio University Bobcat's football team punched a horse right between the eyes. Just so happened a cop was riding the horse. Now tell me, is that news worthy? :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri May 05, 2006 12:27 am

mountainman wrote:The news media has lost control of itself and is not a good source of accurate and timely information any more.

I saw when I got back that its becoming even more so on the sports side. I read a headline where one of the players for the Ohio University Bobcat's football team punched a horse right between the eyes. Just so happened a cop was riding the horse. Now tell me, is that news worthy? :roll:

No, but it was funny. The cop said "I don't know what he was trying to accomplish, the horse is 1700 lbs" :lol:

I have did several things I'm not proud of in my life, but I am happy to report that I have never jack-slapped a horse. :roll:
Last edited by Spence on Fri May 05, 2006 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”