NHL on NBC

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

NHL on NBC

Postby Eric » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:24 pm

Please, you non-hockey fans, give it a chance today! Watch the playoffs! The playoffs in the NHL are the best you can possibly have. My Wings are the best team in hockey; that's awesome!

Believe me when I say that the NHL has the best post-season in sports, I'd give it the title ahead of bowl season (it's that good).

Irish88, you're in New Hampshire, you must be a hockey fan, right?
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:29 pm

I was really shocked the Bruins missed the playoffs. Boston tends to be one of the better teams in the league. Do you think Boston would be in this race for 8th had they not traded Thornton?

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:59 am

Thanks! I think Edmonton/Colorado should be a breeze for Detroit. Hopefully a team like Anaheim or the winner of the Colorado/Edmonton game tonight, I think, will advance to the second round. I'm not looking forward to playing Nashville even without Tomas Vokoun because Chris Mason is a very good goaltender.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Well, what can I say? The Wings stunk it up today. The Oilers switched it up defensively on us and played well in the neutral zone. They were really out-hustling the Wings today. Sometimes the Wings feel that they are so good they take a night off, and hopefully our coach (who's 2nd half of his last name gets edited) will have enough of that. If the Wings wanted to work, they had to use the boards to dump the puck and chase it to the other end, and they weren't willing to do that.

I'm really shaking in my shoes because the Wings tend to play bad out West, especially in Canada when they hit the road to Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver. If Detroit can pick up 1 win in Edmonton, that won't be enough as they'll end up in a game 7. I'm starting to get nervous.........

Return to “Off-Topic”