NASCAR Rips NBC Investigation

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

NASCAR Rips NBC Investigation

Postby mountainman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:54 am

NASCAR said it "outrageous" that "Dateline NBC" targeted one of its race tracks last weekend for a possible segment on anti-Muslim sentiment in the United States.

NASCAR said NBC confirmed it was sending Muslim-looking men to a race along with a camera crew to film fans' reactions. The NBC crew was "apparently on site in Martinsville, Va, walked around and no one bothered them," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Wednesday.

"It is outrageous that a news organization of NBC's stature would stoop to the level of going out to create news instead of reporting news," Poston said, "Any legitimate journalist in America should be embarrassed by this stunt."

NASCAR is in the final year of a broadcasting agreement with NBC Sports.

********************** :evil: :evil: :evil: **********************

I suppose NBC does not feel there is enough hate, bias, prejudice, violence and war going on in the world. They want to go out and create some more ....... and then sell it to the public. In my view, that's disgusting.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:10 pm

The PC crowd seems to think that because some people dont trust the Muslim faith, because of a few of their more insane groups, that people are "ANTI-MUSLIM".

This is just stupid crap from NBC, they are in last place and are trying to do something to energize their ratings.

The more they allow their personal opinions of journalist into their news, the more their ratings will drop.

I am not anti-muslim, but I do look twice when I see a group of them together. You can call that what you want, but it's what I do, and will continue to do, whether people lablel me or not.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:24 pm

Isn't it odd that NBC decided to target a NASCAR race, something usually consisting of conservative, country-music listening, dedicated Christians? Isn't that odd? They are under the impression that these "hicks" are the racist, sexist, homophobic group of people.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:17 pm

When you have to go out and make your news it seems to me that you do a job that isn't needed. Maybe they should be made to go out and get a real job. then maybe their view of the world would change a little bit.

It is all these people who make an obscene amount of money that are for all this stupid stuff. I really don't see them keeping the first $70,000 and making the world a better place with the rest. :roll:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:04 pm

Eric wrote:Isn't it odd that NBC decided to target a NASCAR race, something usually consisting of conservative, country-music listening, dedicated Christians? Isn't that odd? They are under the impression that these "hicks" are the racist, sexist, homophobic group of people.

Yeah. These "hicks" are the ones that are bigoted, even though they would never kill anyone for failing to "convert" to their faith.

But the people who kill in the name of their God are "only misunderstood"..

Gimme a break. :evil:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”