Jackie Robinson

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

Jackie Robinson

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Do you guys feel the way I do? I've been reading the ESPN Conversation thing about this and I'm actually surprised to see that most people agree with me on this.

If you saw Outside the Lines yesterday, they had a segment on the lack of black ball players in the MLB. And to be honest.....I don't even care!

You know why? Because it shouldn't matter. Enough black youths just don't want to play baseball. And it should be up to them. The people who are making a big deal out of this are the real racists. Why is it so important to them? I can't figure it out. Maybe somebody can clue me in on this.

If you aren't aware, ESPN takes the morally superior take on this. Nobody has been able to tell me how caring about this isn't racist. The guy used a racial term to designate white people in his column. And I'm not really offended. I don't care.

The problem is, there is no clamoring about the lack of whites in the NBA. No clamoring about the lack of southeast Asians in the NFL. There's a huge double standard on this. There isn't any institutional racism in the MLB. Winning = money and that is the bottom line. They don't care who makes the dough.

I salute Jackie Robinson because the man is an American hero. He opened the doors for athletic integration and it resonated throughout all of sports. In my opinion, he would be disgusted with some of the racist crap that ESPN is spewing.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “Off-Topic”