U.S. Ports

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:31 am

..fanatic wrote:
Spence wrote:The port that they were trying to run was ran by a company in Great Britain.

I knew that. A report I saw tonight unveiled the China and Hong Kong management of west coast ports.

Yep...I posted an thread before I read this...Im glad there are some people that know this, and I think thats a double standard. But the Chineese are considered our ally's, for some reason, and demonizing them does not help effec the mid-term elections.

This was a political issue from the start and was never about "truly" securing our country.

Some of you will disagree with this, but I think we hurt some friendly ties, all to make the Democrats look strong and caring about National Security. When it's been the perception that they are weak on national security, true or not, that's the perception. So they took the chance to blow this whole thing out of proportion. Which in turn made them look like National Security is their top priority too, and a side effect was that they feel they hurt the President, when they really didnt. The mid-term elections will not be effected by this ports issue.

Im very embaressed about the whole thing. We embaressed some friends we still have in the middle east, and they are threatning to make us pay for it in financial loss in investments.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:29 am

Some of you will disagree with this, but I think we hurt some friendly ties, all to make the Democrats look strong and caring about National Security. When it's been the perception that they are weak on national security, true or not, that's the perception. So they took the chance to blow this whole thing out of proportion. Which in turn made them look like National Security is their top priority too, and a side effect was that they feel they hurt the President, when they really didnt. The mid-term elections will not be effected by this ports issue.

Im very embaressed about the whole thing. We embaressed some friends we still have in the middle east, and they are threatning to make us pay for it in financial loss in investments.

Exactly. You want to make friends with you enemies, not enemies of you friends. The politicians are to busy playing the game of politics and are not running the country. They are only running for re-election. I'm not in complete argeement with the Bush administration, but one thing is for sure. He does what he believes is right and doesn't worry about polls or what other people think. It is called leading.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”