Dodgers V Sox

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Dodgers V Sox

Postby donovan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 pm

I know I am getting old. I am an American League guy. So why do I want the Dodgers to win? Am a Yankee fan and so cheering for the West Coast is so easy. Whatever happened to the Los Angels Angels? Went the way of all PCL teams. Those were the days.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dodgers V Sox

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 pm

It's been so long since the Braves have been good, I forgot what a Playoff looked like. :lol:

At a Braves fan years ago, haven't followed them in years, I'm for anybody that is playing the Dodgers. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:30 am

I am a National league fan, but like any good Reds fan who grew up with the great Sparky Anderson- Tommy Lasorda battles, I hate the Dodgers. And the Bosox have a cool stadium.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 am

There is so much I love about baseball. I am sure I have said this, maybe multiple times before, I want to tell it again. Growing up on the West Coast we had the Pacific Coast League, which was as close to being major league as you could get. All my favorites played in the PCL and in those games player weren't traded willy-nilly. But every kid had a Major League Team favorite and in the 50's there was a Yankee Dodger battle and everyone picked one of those. I liked the Yankees, think it may have been the uniforms but these were 40 man rosters and Mantle, Bauer, Slaughter, Bera, Don Larsen, (I watched the no-hitter on 16 mm film), Robinson, Martin, Rizzuto, Turley, Ford...the list goes on the memory, not so much. What's there not to like. So to this day, I like them.

I am okay with the Dodgers because I don't care for Boston and I just want the West Coast to win something, anything.

Down 0-2...tough. As a side note, the balls are wound tighter than my great Uncle Leonard on Saturday night.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:17 pm

My memories are of the Big Red Machine. I was 12 when the Reds moved from Crosley to Riverfront. That is when I first started following the Reds seriously. Before that I watched the game of the week and most of my baseball memories were in a empty field my friend and I annexed and spent all our free time. The games would end when most of the kids were made to come and eat dinner. Innings piled up an endless game. Then we picked again the next morning and off we went again.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:08 am

3rd game...going into the 13th inning and pitches are clocked at 101 mph. So for curiosity, I looked up the cost of a Wilson A2000.....300 bucks. Where Have I been?

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 am

donovan wrote:3rd game...going into the 13th inning and pitches are clocked at 101 mph. So for curiosity, I looked up the cost of a Wilson A2000.....300 bucks. Where Have I been?

They have come a long way since the Josephson Twin action of my time, but It was way better than the Ferguson by Spaulding. I don't know what dad paid, but I'm thinking somewhere in the $30 neighborhood.

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:40 pm

As a Cardinal fan I dont have much love for the Dodgers. I used to casually like Boston but these days I find Red Sox fans to be some of the most obnoxious in sport. I do believe they are going to win the series but I find myself rooting for David Freese to lead the Dodgers to a series win.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:15 pm

highfly24 wrote:As a Cardinal fan I dont have much love for the Dodgers. I used to casually like Boston but these days I find Red Sox fans to be some of the most obnoxious in sport. I do believe they are going to win the series but I find myself rooting for David Freese to lead the Dodgers to a series win.

You need to meet more Buckeye fans. :lol:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:46 pm

This is fun baseball. I watched all 18 innings and tonight they are at it again. Tired ball players, for sure.

Return to “Off-Topic”