College Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Re: College Baseball

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:12 pm

It’s not over yet. Oregon st still has 3 more innings.

The umps strike zone baffles me. Those curve balls that miss the play but called for strikes is crazy. One pitch below knees is a strike and the next is not. He has been inconsistent for both teams.

Ark is a very patient team and holds off on not swinging at balls well. I think they are flustered that they keep holding up on balls but strikes called.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:32 am

One for Arkansas. Congratulations.

OSU's pitching did them in in the fifth inning. No matter what happens, you have to breathe deeply and regroup.

A word on the umpiring, which is part of the game and did not cause the win nor the loss. It was inconsistent. The strike zone was all over the place for everyone. There were two calls in the whole game that may have been difficult and a committee meeting was held for both. Here is m thoughts. At second base. Rutschman did not slide. He ducked to avoid obstruction. Not sure you have to slide 5 feet from the bag. I think that call would go the other way 9 out of 10 times. No excuse for the pitching falling apart. OSU choose to not change pitchers.

The foul line call...ridiculous. The official was in position, he saw what he saw..part of the game. Even TV replay was not conclusive. However, after they decided it was fair, the placement of the players was nuts. The ump said, "they took the conservative approach." I do think they behaved like a bunch of high school umps. Was not the cause of the lost.

Arkansas's pitching won the game. OSU relief was superb but too late. Great coaching, Doss.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:00 am

I agree with everything you said.

Tonight’s ump behind the plate for game 2 may be the worst in baseball. Costello is his name. Fired from minor league baseball and now gets the pleasure of calling college baseball games.

Arkansas had a couple run ins with him in post season play a few years ago. You know it is bad when the opposing team is complaing for your team.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Tied.... Pitchers are having a tough time

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Yep. What’s up with this ump calling that stupid outside pitch a strike...3-4 inches outside or more. He is doing it for both teams.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

He's terrible....but the pitchers are not too good at finding it either...both sides.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 pm

3-3 Doss...I am just so nervous now....

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Catch a stupid foul ball and you win a national championship.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

5=3 This game has been all about relief pitchers.....Even Mrs. Donovan is watching.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 pm

That missing that foul ball will probably lead to them losing. Catch it and you are celebrating first national championship ever in baseball.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Close games with Ark are not good for my health.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Just stinks. Simple routine play cost them a national championship.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 pm

Typical Arkansas. I should come to expect it by now. Been like this my 42 years on planet Earth. Catch one stupid fouls ball...could have been easily caught by right fielder and you win a national championship.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:26 pm

No doubt that was the play that would have made the difference.

Tomorrow will be interesting...Who knows what the pitching line up will be, I suspect a lot of pitchers...

Glad to see a game three...

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm

I am not glad:)

No one is better at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as Arkansas. At least we are #1 in something.

I still can not get over the foul ball. I have watched it multiple timed. Stupid 2nd baseman charging over kept the right fielder from making a routine play.

My prediction is a blowout in favor of Oregon tomorrow. Arkansas is simply not hitting the ball and they are an elite hitting team (for average and especially for power).

One lousy catch from a championship! You make tons of impossible plays the last two games and you miss out on the routine play.

Return to “Off-Topic”