College Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Dossenator

Re: College Baseball

Postby Dossenator » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Thanks and congrats. I seriously did not watch after the terrible one sided calls when the game was on the line for both teams in the 3rd and 4th. Tonight was my last day on vacation in Michigan. We walked down to a lighthouse and watch the most beautiful sunset. Followed by ice cream cones.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:17 am

Now it's time to move on to college football. (Some good MLB games but as time moves on, just hard to follow it all...if I remember to take my pills, put down the toilet seat and stay off ladders...that's a good day's work.)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/23939863/oregon-state-beavers-beat-arkansas-razorbacks-win-college-world-series
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Loving this years Razorbacks. Just swept #2 miss st. Woo Pig Soooieee!
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 pm

Could be a great series this year. I think Oregon State is positioning themselves very well. Repeating is tough.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Oregon st #2 and Ark #7 in today’s poll. Rematch maybe? Hopefully Arkansas can catch a foul ball this year...especially if that foul ball wins you a national championship.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 pm

That was a tough time for that to happen. I would like to see a rematch and is entirely possible.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Fri May 10, 2019 12:06 am

This Arkansas team is on fire and better than the team that was a missed foul ball away from winning the whole thing. You know how baseball is though..they could get knocked out quickly.

But man they are playing well and creaming top 5, top 19, and top 20 teams recently.

Won 10 of last 11. Swept #5 Miss State, swept #18 Tennessee, beat #17 LSU tonight 14-4.

Ark up to #4 in rankings and should be a national seed if they keep this up for a few more games. And they just don’t lose at home very often.

Arkansas has one of the best college ball parks in the country. Love watching games there. Hoping for another trip to Omaha.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat May 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Oregon State is struggling. They are in jeopardy of not making it. UCLA is this year's powerhouse and the team to be reckoned with. Their bats have failed them. Sometimes they look complacent. Adley Rutschman, their catcher, maybe the best player in the country, certainly a first-round draft pick. But tough for one guy to carry the team. If they find some moxie, they could do it, but if two players could decide which one should catch the foul ball, they could have too.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed May 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and UCLA are all 6-1 odds of winning college World Series according to Vegas. We shall see.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu May 23, 2019 2:08 am

Oregon State may host a regional tournament...somewhere around 12 or so in the rankings. Last three games with UCLA are big but guess we will know Monday. I am not counting the Beavers out, however. They have been lethargic and not stepping up. That may change. Going to be a long journey. Not putting much stock in Vegas odds before they start taking bets. Happens in all sports....follow the money, only when it starts to flow.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

Oregon State just didn't have it. A good ball club but not championship caliber. Rustchman may the 1 or 2 MLB picks, that doesn't give the team the polish you need to repeat. Good run, now it's over. Good luck to you Doss.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks. I was rooting for Oregon State.

Arkansas just won 2n game in regional (2-0 now).

One win away from hosting a super regional.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 am

Great job. I am not sure I will ever get to the CWS but it seems like a lot of fun and some great baseball. Best of luck.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:58 am

I made it out for one day at the college World Series last year. I was able to see Arkansas absolutely crush Texas. Great ballpark in Omaha.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:17 am

Arkansas just beat TCU 6-0 to win the regional.

Ark went 3-0 and never trailed in the regional.

They will host a super regional next weekend...looks like it will be Ole Miss.

Wish it was not another SEC team but was bound to happen. Almost every team in the SEC made the tournament.

Return to “Off-Topic”