World Series 2016

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

World Series 2016

Postby donovan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 am

As if scripted in Hollywood, there was enough drama in game 7 for people that had never seen a baseball game to be glued to the TV.

Congratulations to the Cubs. I thought Cleveland was a lock. When is the AL going to get rid of the DH?

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: World Series 2016

Postby WoVeU » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 am

This is the 1st game I have watched in its entirity for 10 years. Good game, congrats to the Cubbies.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: World Series 2016

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Being from Ohio and even though I am a Reds fan, I was pulling for Cleveland. I'm happy for the Cubs fans though. I am in Salt Lake City this week for a conference and was amazed at how many people were interested in this game. I also watched the game at a pub here with some guys from Chicago and their range of emotions really told you the level of their suffering as baseball fans. It was pretty cool that they finally got that "goat" of their back, even though the tribe fans have suffered for a while themselves. Cleveland isn't nearly the baseball town as Chicago. Their biggest source of pain is football and the Browns.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”