Baseball

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Baseball

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:40 am

Yesterday, I was talking to a young man that worked for Yelp in St. Louis, Mo. I mentioned his city losing their football team but that they still had a great baseball team. He said he like the Cardinals and went to several games per year. When he asked if I had ever been to the New Busch Stadium I told him I had not, but I had been to Old Busch Stadium when I was a kid and saw Stan Musial play. He mentioned that was a long time ago and I agreed, sometime in the early 50's. Then I said I used to listen to Dizzy Dean broadcast on the radio. He had never heard of Dean. I told him he needed to check that out. I remember Dean saying when asked who was the best, he said, "I is."

I so dislike my forgotten idols.
Andy, Barney, Aunt Bea, Helen, Ellie, Peggy, or Thelma Lou, Gomer, Goober, Howard and even Ernest T. Bass were all single. Only Otis was married and he stayed drunk all the time.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Baseball

Postby Spence » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:26 pm

Very cool. Growing up going to Reds games in the late 60's to the 90's with my dad, I got to see the beginning, middle, and end of the Big Red Machine. I didn't realize how lucky I was at the time. I'm not sure there will ever be a collection of guys like that on one team.

I've been to the new Busch Stadium and to ball park village that is connected. It is a very cool area and is kind of a cool tribute to baseball. St Louis is a baseball town. Cincinnati is set up that way too. Lots better than Riverfront. Better than Crosley. In Boston, Fenway is a cool old stadium. but the area outside isn't that great. Definitely a baseball town too, but the surrounding area could use some upgrade.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”