Guns

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Guns

Postby Derek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 am

Spence, if live near this guy, please give this guy a copy of the Constitution.

This gun debate that started because of a Muslim attacking a gay bar has gotten WAY too out of control. This then led to a bunch of petulant children sitting on the floor of the Senate (illegally and nothing was done, much like Hillary) saying that to stop Muslim terrorist, they had to disarm me. I don't really recognize this country anymore, and not just because of this.

It's like the world has literally lost it's mind.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7808
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Guns

Postby donovan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:56 pm

And we wonder what is wrong with our educational system.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Derek wrote:Spence, if live near this guy, please give this guy a copy of the Constitution.

This gun debate that started because of a Muslim attacking a gay bar has gotten WAY too out of control. This then led to a bunch of petulant children sitting on the floor of the Senate (illegally and nothing was done, much like Hillary) saying that to stop Muslim terrorist, they had to disarm me. I don't really recognize this country anymore, and not just because of this.

It's like the world has literally lost it's mind.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7808

I call that a typical response from the radical left. Not liberals or Democrats specifically, Guys like this are what is wrong with the world. I live near the same part of Ohio this guy is from and I can tell you with all confidence that if this guy or anyone else in this part of the country pulls a gun on the people from this area they will not get more than a few shots off. The majority around here have a concealed carry permit and they use it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:48 pm

nm
Last edited by billybud on Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:21 pm

billybud wrote:nm

Whistle blows..

NM edits not allowed...5 yards and loss of down.

I want to read what you were going to say.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 am

It was nothing much...just a personal experience where I was glad to be armed. I thought it might have made me look like a gun lunatic...
Last edited by billybud on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:38 am

I am sorry for that experience. I am sure you have done all necessary to make sure you all feel safe. Seems to me this is an excellent reason why people have guns. Oregon has open carry, although counties and cities can require a concealed permit to open carry. (Some education is required for concealed permit, but mainly, it identifies who has the guns.) I do not like sitting in a restaurant where the guy next to me has an open shoulder holster with a gun in it.

Guns are like so many other items, advanced by technology that is beyond our comprehension even twenty years ago. We can print guns, drop explosives with a 50 dollar drone, buy guns, very cheaply, that have a laser sight or you can buy one to attach for a hundred bucks. Semi-auto weapons will fire 100 rounds per minute...

The solution is not political, has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. Good guy and bad guys will have guns. The polarization of the current campaign will do nothing to solve the problem. Both sides are lunatical on this subject. (Yes, I know this word is no longer used and considered offensive, but it is spot on imo.)

If everyone in the United States would look in a mirror at least they could see where the problem started. The solution is something else.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:55 pm

nm
Last edited by billybud on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:06 pm

Glad to know we are not the only parents whose kids thought our last name was Hilton.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

billybud wrote:It was nothing much...just a personal experience where I was glad to be armed. I thought it might have made me look like a gun lunatic...

It didn't make you look like a lunatic. You have the right to defend your self. I don't have any guns right now. I don't hunt anymore and I don't feel like I need them. If I feel like we aren't safe, though, I have no problem getting one and defending myself.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”