The Elections

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Elections

Postby Derek » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:47 pm

donovan wrote:I support the traditions of the South. I may not understand them and certainly do not have the fervor of them, but I recognize they are there and do not stand in judgment of them within the confines of the Constitution of the United States. ( I am a little shaky on the 19th Amendment, but that is digression in its lowest form)

What I do not understand is why entities of the South, such as the ACC do not stand up against the tyranny of oppressors, much as you have done.

I am reminded of Thomas Paine in his opposition to George Washington, fearless in his rebuttals.

“Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”
Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." Thomas Paine at various times and places.

You Mr. Billybud are the Thomas Paine of our times to sound the clarion call.

I know not what path you chose, but as for me, give me SEC or give me death. And as for me and my house, we WILL follow the Bulldawgs. Amen.
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:17 pm

It is truly all right to be misguided.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:31 pm

With the passing of Mrs. Reagan, I reflect that I think we have had a lot better First Ladies than we have had Presidents. Not sure of any exceptions.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:59 pm

billybud wrote:Kind of like Tom Brady...

Each team picked five other athletes before Brady was taken in round six.

Brady was a late bloomer. No one saw how good he could be from his time at Michigan.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:11 pm

donovan wrote:With the passing of Mrs. Reagan, I reflect that I think we have had a lot better First Ladies than we have had Presidents. Not sure of any exceptions.

VERY True!
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”