Somedays are better than others

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Somedays are better than others

Postby donovan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 am

Spent the last week in Alaska. Caught 85 Silver Salmon, limit is two per day, so all but those go back. Trophy Rainbow from 25 to 35 inches, they are all catch and release.

ddd.png
ddd.png (206.98 KiB) Viewed 5599 times
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Somedays are better than others

Postby Spence » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Very cool.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

highfly24
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby highfly24 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:29 am

That sounds very enjoyable. I have heard a lot of positive things about Alaska for vacations and such. I have never been north of Vancouver, but I have several friends who served at an Air Force base up there. They all love it up there and half moved back to the state when they could.

armchairqb
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby armchairqb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:30 pm

I do need to visit Alaska.
"A complimentary breakfast isn't supposed to make you feel better about yourself." -Captain Obvious

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:18 pm

wow!
nice....am envious.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Wow. I was in Alaska last year around August/Sept...I was supposed to go this year but one of the guys backed out.

We go to Yakutat and fish out of the Situk River....I caught 3 last year for the entire week. But 6 of us brought back about 100 pounds after cleaning.

Where do you go???
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:48 am

Derek wrote:Wow. I was in Alaska last year around August/Sept...I was supposed to go this year but one of the guys backed out.

We go to Yakutat and fish out of the Situk River....I caught 3 last year for the entire week. But 6 of us brought back about 100 pounds after cleaning.

Where do you go???

We were at the Kvichack Lodge which is at the mouth of the Kvichack river. It goes from Lake Illiamma to King Salmon and Homer. The Kvichak is about 250 miles SE of Anchorage. You fly in from Anchorage by float plane. We caught 85 Silver, can keep two per day, so we brought back about 75 pounds of filleted salmon. It has some of the largest trophy rainbow in the world. They are all catch and release. Amazing experience. In the setting it was as much spiritual as sporting.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 pm

donovan wrote:
Derek wrote:Wow. I was in Alaska last year around August/Sept...I was supposed to go this year but one of the guys backed out.

Where do you go???

We were at the Kvichack Lodge which is at the mouth of the Kvichack river. It goes from Lake Illiamma to King Salmon and Homer. The Kvichak is about 250 miles SE of Anchorage. You fly in from Anchorage by float plane. We caught 85 Silver, can keep two per day, so we brought back about 75 pounds of filleted salmon. It has some of the largest trophy rainbow in the world. They are all catch and release. Amazing experience. In the setting it was as much spiritual as sporting.

Yes, I agree. I was so relaxed after a week of that. Everyone in my group was a good 20 years older than me (My step-dads church group), so I spent a lot of time listening to some old Army and Air Force stories and shaving every bit of wisdom off of them I could. One of the best vacations I've ever had. Though the ending was ruined when work tried to contact me on the way home. :roll:
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Return to “Off-Topic”