Pollyanna- Thanks

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Pollyanna- Thanks

Postby donovan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 am

On the other forum my friend Mr. Billybud indicated he was comfortable enjoying the good in life. He mentioned that may be a little "Pollyanna." I mention this to a "Right Brain" and she suggested that maybe instead of reading all these books that not even the author cares about the subject, I re-read Pollyanna. There are now two votes I am being a curmudgeon and I thought further polling was not necessary. So I downloaded on my Kindle, for free, Pollyanna and read it. It is written for grade schoolers. It was delightful, fun, whimsical and packed full of quotable lines. It made me smile. Only a couple hundred pages and well worth the time to read. It was like taking a shower, made me feel good. I am going to make an effort to change my attitude...So thanks.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pollyanna- Thanks

Postby Spence » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Glad you feel better, but I never thought you had a bad attitude. You see the world like it is in most cases.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Pollyanna- Thanks

Postby billybud » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 am

As a true "Uncle Remus" southerner...I am a true romantic.

By nature, I have always looked for the good. My kid brother is much the same. My middle brother always said that every silver lining had a cloud...

I do believe that a positive outlook fortifies one in life, along with the love of a lovely woman.

Now...You can just call me Mr. Zippee da doo dah.

And, whatever you do...please, please don't make me watch college football...(LOL...the briar patch routine has suited me well over the years).
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Return to “Off-Topic”