Question for the board....

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Question for the board....

Postby Spence » Sat May 31, 2014 9:39 pm

I don't believe guns are the problem. Kids without parental guidance, drugs, and hopelessness are the causes of the violence. Take away every single gun and the violence would remain. The only thing that would change is the weapon. Families used to raise children, the village is doing a horrible job.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:23 pm

I don't think that I can add much to this, I feel exactly like Spence on absolutely everything he said.

But if you examine recent history some things come to light. Crime has actually been coming down in this country for several years and this has happened in lock step with gun ownership and citizen range going way up. *This means something...it isn't about 1 or 2 years of data. I know that all people, be they good or bad, do not want to be shot...so I connect those dots. But at the same time I think the increase in gun ownership and decrease in crime only has a few more years of steam. We need to cure the drug culture, violence addiction, and low expectations in this country.

I owned 3 guns when BO took office. I pick up my 20th Friday. I don't need that many to defend the Casa (but my 2nd floor offers a beautiful perch) I like putting money in things I can use while they also hold value. This country is a long way from getting any gun control or curtailing ownership. I know many hard lefters and many of them now own guns and have no plans of not having any.

Lefties don't talk about it, because nobody likes to admit being wrong...but even their trust in the federal government has greatly eroded.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:40 pm

I believe there are people who have no right owning guns, but for the most part I believe our freedom is protected by the second amendment.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:09 pm

From the news of late in the UK...they had better re-arm themselves stat! Another Muslim with a machette!!! Sad.
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 am

Like Spence, I don't think gun ownership is the question. Why is violence the only answer we turn to to solve problems? I think that is the question. I think the answer is basic. The solution, may be beyond us. I hope not.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 pm

donovan wrote:Like Spence, I don't think gun ownership is the question. Why is violence the only answer we turn to to solve problems? I think that is the question. I think the answer is basic. The solution, may be beyond us. I hope not.

I agree that violence should not be the only solution. Sometimes, though, I believe the only way to keep violent people from treading on you is to be armed or at least let them not be sure whether you are or not. I believe the only reason we have never fought a major war on our shores is because the citizenry is armed. I also believe that if we remove guns from the hands of law abiding citizens we will have more violence, not less.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:58 pm

There are some basic concepts, constitutional, that have help us. First and foremost, the commander in chief of the armies is a civilian. Secondly that the citizens can not be coerced to give up their individual freedom to support the military and the citizenry has the right to defend themselves with arms.

Resorting to violence as the first course of action was never the intent of these constitutional provisions. It was always expected this was the last course of action. Our military constitutionally is based on defense of our country. Americans can not stand to see others suffer, so we bomb them to relieve their suffering? It filters down to the way individuals resolve issues.

The constitution is to be enacted from the the individual upward, not the federal government downward.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:29 am

I agree

Return to “Off-Topic”