Well...so much for soccer for our son...

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Well...so much for soccer for our son...

Postby Spence » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 pm

billybud wrote:Yeah Spence...he must wear a compression legging on the non injured leg to prevent clotting....

It would suck to sit in a chair for six straight hours at home, I feel for him.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 am

If only everyone would be as conscientious in post op. Wish you all well.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Ahhhh...my son has discovered the intricacies of Worker's Comp.

While he was injured at soccer, he was coaching and it was on work time. He was pleasantly surprised to see that he would be paid while out while not burning personal sick leave.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:34 pm

billybud wrote:Ahhhh...my son has discovered the intricacies of Worker's Comp.

While he was injured at soccer, he was coaching and it was on work time. He was pleasantly surprised to see that he would be paid while out while not burning personal sick leave.

Injuries suck no matter how you look at it, but having comp pay for it absorbs a lot of the blow.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:51 am

Well...the rehab has been going well....with his brace on, our son drove a car for the first time in a month yesterday (one of our automatics, he has a jeep ). He has graduated from walking with crutches to walking with a cane and a locked brace.

We have bonded (LOL) as a family again since our 29 year old has been dependent on us for transportation, dog walking, carrying groceries, etc. Haven't seen this much of him in a while.

All looks for us to be on schedule to be able to leave him, now that he can drive to work and back and to rehab. We are planning to scoot to the ridge on 4/1.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Overall it isn't a bad thing for a son to have a reminder that know matter how old you get the people you can most rely on in life are the ones who gave you life. I'm glad to here your son is doing good and that you get to get on with your plans as well. Good luck - and as my dad used to say when leaving on a trip "keep the dirty side down"

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Another story of a family that follows the instructions; you are to be commended. Reminds me of old story, patient goes to the doc, doc notes that the patient lists high blood pressure. When he takes his bp he notes it is normal and remarks the same to the patient. Patient says, "I take my medicine." Amazing how many do not get that concept.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:37 pm

donovan wrote:Another story of a family that follows the instructions; you are to be commended. Reminds me of old story, patient goes to the doc, doc notes that the patient lists high blood pressure. When he takes his bp he notes it is normal and remarks the same to the patient. Patient says, "I take my medicine." Amazing how many do not get that concept.

I always follow the doctors instructions. I just don't go to the doctor very often. Ingnorance is bliss. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”