Snowmageddon 2014

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Snowmageddon 2014

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:51 pm

As the Atlanta representative of CFP I'm giving a live report from the chaos that is Snowmaggedon 2014...

The Government is incompetent as Al Roker stated...no surprise there, and no one will hold them accountable....no surprise there.

There are reports of it taking 3 hours to drive what would normally take 30 minutes.

And our stadiums are covered in snow...it's just the end of the world.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-football-stadium-photos-snow/
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Snowmageddon 2014

Postby billybud » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

We have has Atlanta based Nole fans that report being in traffic for three hours trying to get home with more to go.

Still beats Birmingham where some folks had to spend last night in their cars in 9 degree temps on the stalled freeway.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:28 pm

We were at -11 for a couple days. The temps got to 25 today and we haven't had snow since last Thursday. My kids have only been to school about 5 days since Christmas break was over. We are celebrating that tomorrow will be in the 30's. Our winter weather is colder than most of you guys, but we aren't used to sub zero temps during the daylight hours. It has been just miserable here. I am hoping for an early spring.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:41 pm

The interstate (I-10) was closed here in Florida all the way across the panhandle for two days...semi's parked all over.

I went by Costco and the lot had a bunch of 18 wheelers lined up....guys awaiting the opening.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm

It is amazing a couple of inches of snow could do all that. We are above 30 now and it is supposed to be 50 Saturday. If the ground weren't frozen so hard I would play golf.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Spence wrote:It is amazing a couple of inches of snow could do all that. We are above 30 now and it is supposed to be 50 Saturday. If the ground weren't frozen so hard I would play golf.

Play...you need all the help you can get from the tees......as far as the approach...worry about that after you quit smiling about your 400 yard drive.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:58 pm

donovan wrote:
Spence wrote:It is amazing a couple of inches of snow could do all that. We are above 30 now and it is supposed to be 50 Saturday. If the ground weren't frozen so hard I would play golf.

Play...you need all the help you can get from the tees......as far as the approach...worry about that after you quit smiling about your 400 yard drive.

That is true. You can even two hop a pond. :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”