It's Never Good

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

It's Never Good

Postby donovan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 pm

How do situations like this go unresolved for over a year, never talked to the person that has his picture blasted all over the news? Never good someone is assaulted, regardless of who does the assaulting. But these allegations just never seem to go away even if there is no truth.
[url]
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ate-111313[/url]
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Eric

Re: It's Never Good

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:29 am

That absolutely doesn't sound like the Jameis Winston we've come to know through the media. Of course the media's perspective can be biased and slanted, but I for one would be shocked to find out if he actually did anything remotely like this. He is probably a typical college guy who goes to parties and has his share of wild times, but he really doesn't strike me as a criminal. A fair amount of these accusations wind up being toothless and he doesn't fit the profile either.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:35 am

The fact that it happened over a year ago and he isn't in jail tells me their isn't much too this.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:48 pm

NVery strange stuff indeed...

1...Original complaint of December 7, 2012 lists perpetrator as "unknown".

2...Victim describes assailant as between 5'9 and 5'11...Winston is a tall 6'4"

3...The victim is processed by the police..pictures taken, body evidence gathered, etc.

4...The police never talk to Winston although he is a person of interest from being at the party with a group. The case is put aside in February.

5...9 months go by with no further action by Police Department

6...The day after Oregon loses, TMZ sends a media request for a particular police report.

7...The PD, aware that it will hit the media, refer to the State Attorney

8...Now is where it gets interesting..

.....How, when Winston is only a person of interest and not named in the police report, does TMZ get the information to request a police report?

....Oh...It turns out that the victim is represented by her own lawyer, her aunt. Victims usually aren't lawyered up unless they intend to sue. A young guy, now rumored to be a future 1st round millionaire, would be the ideal target for a civil suit.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

The charge is sexual battery on a person over 12.

The perpetrator was "unknown" to the victim.

Police appear certain that a sexual battery occurred, but that too is not certain.

Evidently the victim was "drinking "during the assault.

Tallahassee PD, surprise,surprise, wasn't able to effect an arrest in this case. Or bring evidence to a judge to get warrants.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Unless they have DNA evidence, I don't like their chances. Did her aunt graduate from Ohio State? :lol:

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Winston's attorney has stated that he has given the police affidavits from two witnesses that clear Winston...

Nobody has any idea what the affidavits say, how they help Winston, etc...only that the Tallahassee PD has had them since February.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Honestly, if they had anything real he would be in jail. The evidence is unlikely to get better with time unless an eye witness comes forward. I think this is going nowhere.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/statement-police-warned-accuser-about-pursuing-jameis-winston-matter/2153364

It looks like someone from the TPD is going to lose their job over this at the very least. It is hard to believe what the investigator told the victim's attorney.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 am

Now they're saying that the DNA sample matches Winston. Not a great sign. Still, that doesn't mean anything illegal happened.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:13 am

If she really went right after it happened and completed a rape kit, that gives the story some credibility. He wasn't anyone when she filed the complaint.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:25 pm

I really expect him to be charged....

Travis Johnson was charged in a "he said-she said" consensual vs non consensual incident years ago...ended his college career. An all woman jury found him not guilty in less then 30 minutes of deliberation. There was room for a lot of doubt. Travis went on to a NFL career and is a family man. He says Winston's case takes him back to his dark days

In 2005, FSU's All American Middle LB missed the Orange Bowl against Penn State because of sexual assault accusations...he was never charged.

I expect Winston to be charged, eventually found not guilty, but not play at FSU again.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:17 pm

billybud wrote:I really expect him to be charged....

Travis Johnson was charged in a "he said-she said" consensual vs non consensual incident years ago...ended his college career. An all woman jury found him not guilty in less then 30 minutes of deliberation. There was room for a lot of doubt. Travis went on to a NFL career and is a family man. He says Winston's case takes him back to his dark days

In 2005, FSU's All American Middle LB missed the Orange Bowl against Penn State because of sexual assault accusations...he was never charged.

I expect Winston to be charged, eventually found not guilty, but not play at FSU again.

I hope if he isn't guilty he doesn't get charged. That would be a shame. I do believe something happened. I don't think it was a "meal ticket" type charge. I do hope that if she was assaulted, whoever did it gets their measure of justice.

I know a women that was raped in college. She put herself in a bad position. She drank to much and semi passed out - fell asleep. Two guys she had been out with raped her, only they didn't see having sex with a girl who was pass out in a bed was rape because she didn't fight them off. She did yell out "no" but that was it. One of the guys who did it is now a doctor. The other I don't know about. The girl never filed charges because she thought it was her fault. She shouldn't have put herself in that position. That is true. But that doesn't give anyone the right to do what those guys did. If I found out that someone had done something like that to one of my daughters, I would be the one facing trial.

Return to “Off-Topic”