World Series Red Sox v Cardinals

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

World Series Red Sox v Cardinals

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:59 am

Game 1.... I am an American League fan...mainly because of the Mariners and Yankees. I do not like the designated hitter rule...was never good and certainly has outlived any reason that can be given.... I would like the Cardinals to win but I have no dog in this fight.

Boston was spectacular. Some incredible defensive plays. (Beltran for the Cards had a great catch...other than that.) Boston played some of the best baseball defensively I have seen this year, amazing. From tonight's game, it will not go seven, maybe only three, perhaps just two....if tonight is any indication the Cardinals should file a bullying suit. I think they will win a couple...maybe that is hope against hope so I can see more games...but not sure there is any evidence of that from tonight's play.

Wainwright had a bad night, as a matter of fact the Cardinals had more errors than the Health Care Act start-up. Even the umps played better than St. Louis when they overturned a call at second. Without replay, I might add. After I could see the Cards were heading to the showers early, it was a fun game to watch for the greatness of Boston and the comedy of the Cardinals. But game two is a new game and regardless of the score and the play of each team, it is still Boston 1 and St Louis Zip.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: World Series Red Sox v Cardinals

Postby donovan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Game 2. Make the most mistakes, you lose the game. Tonight the Red Sox lost for that reason. Every pitch the fielder has to say, if I get the ball where am I going to throw it. You can not make that decision at the time you catch it. Pitchers covering home are no exception....and why can pitcher throw strikes all night and can not throw the ball accurately to a base? Teams will now settle down and defense should become flawless and the team with the best relief pitching will win.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am

Game 3. These are games fraught with anomalies. The obstruction call, as touted, was the perfect call and mechanics by the umpires. Third base umpire saw the obstruction, gave the signal; home plate ump saw the signal and called the runner, tagged three feet from home, safe because of the obstruction. I think umps get it right a lot more than not. In this case, it becomes a classic. (In my opinion, Boston lost by bad managerial decisions. Farrell lets Workman take his first major league at bat while Napoli is sitting on the bench. He then bring in a reliever for Workman and that ends up in a double by Craig. I am not sure letting a pitcher take his first swing in the big league in a close World Series game when you have a slugger on the bench is a decision that should have been made long before the situation arose.)

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

Game 4. Farrell redeemed himself. Boston put up solid pitching. He brought in the bull pen just right and controlled that situation. And nobody wants to end the game by a pinch runner being picked-off. But games have ended with more flare than thant. See game 3. Back to Boston.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:17 am

Game 5. If Ortiz and Lester played every game like tonight, the series would be over. Lester's pitching was as good as it get. The Cardinals took them head on, but the two mentioned were just too much.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:58 am

Game Six/.....it seems that football is not the only sport that has gone insane. Seriously, there is something so wrong here, imo...I beleive people can spend their money how they want...but why wouldn't you want to help sick kids or hungry people...I am a hypocrite on this subject. I have purchased tickets for way too much money. Maybe I should take a moment and reflect.
[url]
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb--world ... 52713.html[/url]

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:37 am

That is ridiculous. I paid $90 for tickets to the 1990 series and thought that was way too much. I would pass on these.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Game 6, The final game... Boston wins the World Series. It was a serious of more mistakes that my high school arithmetic papers. It was entertaining baseball but not one that will go down as the most exciting. Maybe the least watched, but that is for many reasons. The Red Sox beat the Cardinals, that is the bottom line, as I see it. Tonight's game that rocked Wacha and there is not way you are going to get out of that mess. It happens. Boston is the SEC of baseball all wrapped into one city. They have a sense of entitlement that is a figment of their own mind. The umpires in this series performed better than either team and that is at least something. I hope baseball gets better, Bud Selig has not been good for baseball. He allowed the PED's to happen, encouraged them and then like all despots who create a problem tries to be the hero in correcting the problem they made. The epitome of Machiavelli's premise run amok. Next year will be beter and spring training is only months away. Go home and be safe.

Return to “Off-Topic”