MLB Playoffs

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

MLB Playoffs

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:04 pm

I know this is coming a day late, but who do you guys think advance after this round?

Minnesota/Oakland

vs.

Detroit/NY Yankees

St. Louis/San Diego

vs.

LA Dodgers/NY Mets

To be honest, and I'm really telling the truth, I had the Athletics over the Twinkies. However, I did have Detroit beating NY and that hasn't been the case so far. Hopefully my Tigers can get it together and string a win or two in row :(

As for the NL, I see a So Cal series between the Dodgers and the Padres. I think SD has one of the best rotations in the big leagues and they have been the hottest team since September. I think they come back and win the series in 5 games. I like the Dodgers over the Mets too. It's kind of just a hunch, but I have a feeling the Mets will get some bad breaks and not to mention the loss of Pedro Martinez and they took their foot off of the gas pedal in the last month of the season. It's kind of difficult to get the engine back running after just taking it easy for a while. Look for LA to upset them.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:07 am

Yeah, right now I'm counting on 3 teams to overcome 1 game in a 5 game series, so it probably isn't going to happen.

That Dodgers/Mets game really baffled me. I mean, most things that could go wrong for LA pretty much did. It was only a one-run game, so I get the feeling that this will be a close series even if NY wins it in 4 games.

The Padres had better win tonight or else my World Series Champion goes down :cry: (I had them winning the WS against Texas in the spring; SD winning the championship probably isn't going to happen either, but I'm cheering for them! :lol: )

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 pm

YEAH! Tigers up by 4 in the 6th inning. They have been playing well so far against Randy Johnson. Kenny Rogers is pitching a masterpiece so far.

For anybody that caught the segment with Ernie Harwell, man, that was so good to hear him again. I've been missing him over the last 3 years. He sounds like he would have another 5 good years of radio left in him. They guy is in great shape for being almost 90. I loved that he used his signature call, "and he stood there like a house on the road and watched it go by!" :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:16 am

Eric wrote:YEAH! Tigers up by 4 in the 6th inning. They have been playing well so far against Randy Johnson. Kenny Rogers is pitching a masterpiece so far.

For anybody that caught the segment with Ernie Harwell, man, that was so good to hear him again. I've been missing him over the last 3 years. He sounds like he would have another 5 good years of radio left in him. They guy is in great shape for being almost 90. I loved that he used his signature call, "and he stood there like a house on the road and watched it go by!" :lol:

Because he knows when to hold em, and knows when to fold em. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:25 am

:lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:32 am

Yeah, it is a shame that great radio voices are becoming obsolete. :cry:

I hope the Tigers can find a way to eliminate these guys because I really don't want to see them play game 5 in Yankee Stadium. The Tigers have to finish this thing off before NY gets some momentum and the baseball gods make everything go their way again. :roll: :lol:

I really don't know what to do. I guess I'm not really going to be able to watch the Red River Shootout because the Tigers are on FOX today. I have one TV that picks up local channels and one that picks up Dish Network. College football is on every Saturday; the Tigers in the playoffs are on once in 19 years :lol:

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:02 pm

Eric wrote:YEAH! Tigers up by 4 in the 6th inning. They have been playing well so far against Randy Johnson. Kenny Rogers is pitching a masterpiece so far.

Hey did you know that Ernie Harwells grandson live in Georgia near me, and he's one of my best friends. His name is Josh Harwell.

Ernie is orginally from Georgia, and his son Grey, moved back.

8)

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:11 pm

Yeah, Ernie's first job was with the Atlanta Crackers, a minor league team that played in the 40s? Not sure on the date, but I know he used to be the voice of that team.

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:31 am

Hey Eric...Check out Ernie's myspace page....

My friend Josh is on there, and I think he did the page for him. Since he's in graphic design.

http://www.myspace.com/eharwell

- John Madden

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Ha, looks like everybody has a myspace :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 am

We're in! :D :D :D

Return to “Off-Topic”