Billybud

A place to talk about anything. Stocks, politics, or your neighbors who won't turn down that music.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Billybud

Postby Spence » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 pm

I know you have moved inland. I hope your son got out of the panhandle and escaped the storm.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Re: Billybud

Postby donovan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 am

Our thoughts are with you, Mr. Billybud.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 am

I have been controlling my type A urges and temper...I have been attempting to shield my wife by being cool and calm...she has recently had some medical emergencies that have had her hospitalized and further stress will not help...so we are staying through Thanksgiving and Christmas (and maybe the winter) in our NC cabin.

The FL house is still protected only by large tarps....still awaiting the insurance company's structural engineer...so that we can get a "go ahead" for replacement of trusses and roof, sheetrock, etc...Taking much longer than I thought.

My on site representative (my son) has taken off to Machu Picchu for a couple of weeks...

But...this is Thanksgiving week and we are giving thanks.

I have picked a great football season to have missed...ugh! But I will be back on the board more often as soon as life smoothes out a little.

Thanks guys...
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

And...humbky grateful that we are far better off than the folks in Paradise Ca....or Mexico Beach FL
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:45 am

billybud wrote:I have been controlling my type A urges and temper...I have been attempting to shield my wife by being cool and calm...she has recently had some medical emergencies that have had her hospitalized and further stress will not help...so we are staying through Thanksgiving and Christmas (and maybe the winter) in our NC cabin.

The FL house is still protected only by large tarps....still awaiting the insurance company's structural engineer...so that we can get a "go ahead" for replacement of trusses and roof, sheetrock, etc...Taking much longer than I thought.

My on site representative (my son) has taken off to Machu Picchu for a couple of weeks...

But...this is Thanksgiving week and we are giving thanks.

I have picked a great football season to have missed...ugh! But I will be back on the board more often as soon as life smoothes out a little.

Thanks guys...

Peace be with you during the holiday season as always. Prayers for your family. You are taking care of the important things.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:54 am

Grateful you are safe, under control and taking care of each other. Wintering in a North Carolina cabin is a Hallmark Movie in the making. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:58 am

Spent a few days in Florida...stayed with friends...still not moving on construction...oh well.

Sooo...in consolation, I bought a restored 1972 SS 454 El Camino ...out of Scottsdale...actual sight unseen (looked good to the camera)....the delivery truck delivers it to me in NC tomorrow...

Now...I need to start growing my mullet.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 am

Yep...my sweetie and I will be touring the Walmart parking lot wearing our "A" logoed hats and the new Roll Tide flags on the El Camino.... being a fan of a winner will undoubtably raise my testosterone levels...

... I'll just hammer down on that 454 and smell the rubber burning....and scream "SEC..SEC...SEC".

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 pm

billybud wrote:Yep...my sweetie and I will be touring the Walmart parking lot wearing our "A" logoed hats and the new Roll Tide flags on the El Camino.... being a fan of a winner will undoubtably raise my testosterone levels...

... I'll just hammer down on that 454 and smell the rubber burning....and scream "SEC..SEC...SEC".

A Seminole can not change his stripes.

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

nope....We be Noles.

For good or bad...till death do us part.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:53 pm

It can't be any other way.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Wolf in sheep's clothing, I read that somewhere. Bad analogy, nothing in the SEC has ever a resembled a sheep...maybe a goat as was explained...I only think of roaches.

Return to “Off-Topic”