UNC Wilmington-James Madison

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

UNC Wilmington-James Madison

Postby BYUfan1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Devon Moore scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half to lead the James Madison Dukes to a 63-56 victory over the UNC Wilmington Seahawks. The Dukes led 26-25 at the half and spurted midway in the second half to lead 53-46 with less than four minutes remaining in the game. The Seahawks had the margin down to three points, 57-54, after a 3-point shot by Chris Dixon with 48 seconds remaining in the game but could not get any closer. The Dukes had 17 offensive rebounds in the contest and out-rebounded the Seahawks in the game 42-30. Dixon scored 16 points while Keith Rendleman posted his 11th double-double of the season, registering 20 points and 13 rebounds. Not to be outdone, Rayshawn Goins had 11 points and 12 rebounds for James Madison. UNCW is now 7-2 at home, 3-5 in conference, and 8-12 overall. JMU won its second road game of the year to move to 6-3 in the Colonial Athletic Association and 12-10 overall.

In other action from the CAA Monday night, the Delaware Blue Hens defeated the Drexel Dragons 66-64. The Northeastern Huskies lead the CAA with a 8-0 conference record. James Madison is in second place 2.5 games behind Northeastern, and George Madison is three games behind at 5-3 in conference play. Overall, the CAA was disappointing in non-conference play except for three teams beating the Virginia Cavaliers. Even Northeastern lost to America East teams Maine and Vermont at home. I have not seen Northeastern lately, but my best guess is nobody in the CAA will do much damage in the NCAA Tournament this year.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Return to “College Basketball”