I'm So Sick of Ohio State

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Eric

I'm So Sick of Ohio State

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Sorry Spence, but seriously: Why???? Why???? Why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I knew this Michigan team wouldn't be undefeated, especially after playing in the Big 10, but I would take a loss against anybody besides Ohio State. It's very frustrating to be a Michigan fan since we haven't won anything important in 15 years. We can't beat Ohio State in anything. Our win in football was garbage because it took them everything they had to beat the worst Ohio State team in 15 years.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I'm So Sick of Ohio State

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Eric wrote:Sorry Spence, but seriously: Why???? Why???? Why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I knew this Michigan team wouldn't be undefeated, especially after playing in the Big 10, but I would take a loss against anybody besides Ohio State. It's very frustrating to be a Michigan fan since we haven't won anything important in 15 years. We can't beat Ohio State in anything. Our win in football was garbage because it took them everything they had to beat the worst Ohio State team in 15 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Michigan beat us at everything in the late 1800's to 1920's. It's our turn to return that favor. 8)
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I assume Michigan will win with home court since they are probably better than Ohio State in basketball this year. But, it's Ohio State / Michigan, so we'll probably lose there. I did a count and since 2006, Michigan is 3-14 against OSU in basketball. I predict this team will have five conference losses before the year is over. I'm not so sure we're a top 10 team. They chuck up really idiotic three pointers without taking into account the circumstances in the game and they don't have a lot of interior presence. A team like Kansas (or Ohio State) is going to eat them a live in that regard. It's that reason why I can't see this team advancing past the Elite 8 at the most.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Ohio State isn't very consistent. This is probably the worst Ohio State team of the Matta era.

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Spence wrote:This is probasbly the worst Ohio State team of the Matta era.

That's encouraging for someone who's grieving :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:56 am

Well, so far we're off to an 0-1 record during this vaunted four-game stretch. Encouraging :roll:

It's a ton to ask of any team to go into Assembly Hall and beat Indiana, but this game has just confirmed to me that Michigan isn't ready for primetime and that's not surprising at all. Their entire resume has no punch at all. A lot of individually talented players, but still somewhat young, and still somewhat reliant on the 3-ball. That can't be sustained for a six-game run in March. I don't think they'll get past the Sweet 16. I think we're looking at a 3 seed when it's all said and done.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't know where Michigan will go in the tournament, but I think they win the B-10.

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:20 am

I think Michigan will lose at Wisconsin, split with MSU, and lose to Indiana again and then lose to Indiana in the tournament finals. That would leave them with five Big 10 losses regular season. Sounds to me like a three seed, but Wisconsin beating them would be an upset and it would be hard to lose to the same team three times, even if it is Indiana. They're still in the running for a 1 or 2, but I'm going with a 3 seed (objectively, I think they may get a 2, but I'm feeling very pessimistic). I think your 1 seeds will be Duke, Indiana, Florida, and Kansas. 2 seeds I'm thinking Syracuse, Arizona, Louisville, Gonzaga. 3 seeds for me in this scenario look like Michigan, Ohio State, Butler, and Missouri. To cap my bracketology at 4 seeds, I'll go with Michigan State, Miami, NC State, and Kansas State. Gonzaga is a bit of a reach on my part since they always find a way to flub some WCC game that they otherwise shouldn't (like they almost did on the road against San Diego). Butler could drop to 4 or 5 depending on how they finish out their A-10 schedule. This week should remind everyone that Butler shows up for big non-conference games but tends to have a few in-conference clunkers.

I think the Big 10 is having a great basketball season, but as a collective unit, we never win anything in the clutch. So if I'm allowed to eliminate every Big 10 team from the get-go, I think you take your pick between Florida, Kansas, and Syracuse for the national title. I'm leaning towards Wichita State being my Final Four sleeper, but that will all depend on what their bracket looks like.

Let's check back in March and see how well I did :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 am

Man, I should just keep my opinions to myself. Indiana goes down to Illinois and Kansas goes down to TCU. We might get that one seed after all :lol:

I still think we'll lose a few more games the rest of the way, but if these top teams keep going down, there will be no way they finish below a two seed.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 am

Things are starting to get really interesting in the B-10

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 am

I just think it's funny that all of the Michigan fans around here are trying to figure out what has happened over the last two and a half weeks. It hurts when it was so obvious and nobody listened, like a voice in the wilderness :lol:

How did I know Michigan was overrated? Because they're my team. My teams never get it done in crunch time :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:11 am

Eric wrote:I just think it's funny that all of the Michigan fans around here are trying to figure out what has happened over the last two and a half weeks. It hurts when it was so obvious and nobody listened, like a voice in the wilderness :lol:

How did I know Michigan was overrated? Because they're my team. My teams never get it done in crunch time :roll:

I don't think they are over-rated. The tournament is coming. These games aren't as important. That is why I don't like the tournaments. They diminish the regular season.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 am

I think they're important for building confidence though. That Michigan team has been getting pumped up from day one and now they're 1-4 in their big B1G games. That's a complete letdown for most Wolverine fans up here. At least if you're Kansas, losing those bad games doesn't mean as much because you're Kansas; you've been there and done that countless times whereas Michigan is a team with no consistent success at basketball, or at least consistent enough to label them as a powerhouse. So they're a team with no consistent success and they can't win the big games, yet the talking heads keep telling us how good we actually are when there is no reason, other than individual talent, to believe it. That's a hard sell for me.

I guess I can't complain since we've come so far from being NIT material, but I just got sick of hearing how Trey Burke is going to carry the team to the national title game. I don't think there is any way Michigan gets to the Final Four.

Ohio State is in a similar class as Michigan, I'm thinking probably a three seed. Michigan State could get a two if they keep piling up these quality wins. I think MSU and Indiana are the class of the conference.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am

I don't see Ohio State going past the sweet sixteen. Maybe not that far. If Thomas goes cold they are done. Craft is a great defender and a good ball handler, but he isn't a threat offensively and that kills Ohio State.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:24 am

Spence wrote:I don't see Ohio State going past the sweet sixteen. Maybe not that far. If Thomas goes cold they are done. Craft is a great defender and a good ball handler, but he isn't a threat offensively and that kills Ohio State.

You should not be making book...refer all picks to Swamp Daddy
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “College Basketball”