Wright State-Idaho

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Wright State-Idaho

Postby BYUfan1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 pm

I am one day late talking about this game, but since it is the best game I watched so far this year, I wanted to mention it. NC State transfer Julian Mays banked in a 3-point shot from the top of the circle at the buzzer to lead the Wright State Raiders to a 80-78 overtime win over the Idaho Vandals. Idaho thought they had the game won when Dazmond Starke made a wide open layup with seconds left in overtime. The game went into overtime when Landon Tatum made a desperation half-court shot at the buzzer that went in off the backboard.

Julian Mays scored a career-high 28 points in the game while Reggie Arceneaux also registered a career high with 19 points for the Raiders. Center Kyle Barone scored 21 points and secured 14 rebounds for Idaho in the loss. Starke came off the bench for the Vandals to score 11 points. Idaho outshot Wright State in the game but was just 18-of-30 from the free throw line.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Return to “College Basketball”