As The New Year Begins

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

As The New Year Begins

Postby BYUfan1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:26 am

As of the last day of 2010, I have watched 115 teams. That puts me 1/3 of the way done. I am using 346 as the total, but RPI says 345 (It is not counting New Orleans). I thought New Orleans was still classified as Division I as it transitions to Division III. It doesn't matter much since I have seen New Orleans.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: As The New Year Begins

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 am

BYUfan1 wrote:As of the last day of 2010, I have watched 115 teams. That puts me 1/3 of the way done. I am using 346 as the total, but RPI says 345 (It is not counting New Orleans). I thought New Orleans was still classified as Division I as it transitions to Division III. It doesn't matter much since I have seen New Orleans.

You are a dedicated guy BYUfan1. My hat is off to you. I don't think I could come close watching that many teams play.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:29 pm

THAT deserves some kind of prize! I want to use your picks for the tourney! Of, with this many games seen you might have info overload!
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:21 am

GoBoilers wrote:THAT deserves some kind of prize! I want to use your picks for the tourney! Of, with this many games seen you might have info overload!

Most of the time I picks aren't that great. I am an underdog guy anyways, and seeing so many teams play makes it easy for me to rationalize how a small school can beat a bigger school in the tournament. I have to say though that I did have Butler and West Virginia going to the Final Four. I was close with Baylor-they lost to Duke, and I had Kansas like most people did. I missed on St. Mary's but I did have Murray State beating Vanderbilt and Old Dominion beating Notre Dame.

I'll be glad to give you a team breakdown. but I'm not sure if you would want to use my picks.
-- Oscar Wilde

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am

The number of teams is now at 150. I have completely watched every team in just one conference so far, and to nobody's surprise, it is the Big Sky Conference. A big thanks to Big Sky TV for continuing to broadcast Big Sky games over the internet for free.
-- Oscar Wilde

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:02 pm

BYUfan1 wrote:As of the last day of 2010, I have watched 115 teams. That puts me 1/3 of the way done. I am using 346 as the total, but RPI says 345 (It is not counting New Orleans). I thought New Orleans was still classified as Division I as it transitions to Division III. It doesn't matter much since I have seen New Orleans.

I doubt I could name 115 college basketball teams....much less watch that many. I like college basketball but will usually only watch about 10 games before the tournament (and all of those will have Arkansas as one of the teams).
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BYUfan1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Dossenator wrote:I doubt I could name 115 college basketball teams....much less watch that many. I like college basketball but will usually only watch about 10 games before the tournament (and all of those will have Arkansas as one of the teams).

Now you would have to name 161 college basketball teams because that is what I am up to now. You do have one advantage over me because I have Arkansas games recorded, but I have not actually seen them play yet.
-- Oscar Wilde

Return to “College Basketball”