Fitty Cent

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Fitty Cent

Postby WoVeU » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:14 pm

The Big East are setting at 4 of the Elite 8.
2 Big 12 teams, 1 Big 10 team, & 1 ACC team.

I think the Big East is passing though a vertex. Good for them, but no so good for College Basketball. Some will say it is just the way the season played out, but I think it is gone well beyond that. The ACC has played the key role in keeping the Big East from stealing too much talent. The Big 10 needs to step up as they recruit over the Big East zone. If the Big 10 stands pat (and probably Maryland) for another 3 or 4 years the Big East will be putting 9 or 10 very good teams in the tourney. (UMass and Temple aren't impeding at all now.) It could be Kansas with probably another team or 2 from the Big 12, UNC, Duke, Wake, plus 3 or 4 other ACC teams, then Michigan St. and UCLA representing the Big 6 conferences annually that have a respectable to good chance of making the Elite 8.

I want the Big East to be the best but this could get stupid!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Return to “College Basketball”