NEW Basketball Picks

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
..fanaticjr
All-American
All-American

NEW Basketball Picks

Postby ..fanaticjr » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:06 pm

The new basketball picks for this week (2/11-2/12) are up. Sorry for the delay. Please get your picks in quickly! Thanks.
Go Hokies!

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:07 pm

we're gonna get some snow!!! yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

sorry fan jr, i didn't wanna start a new thread for this :lol: just wanted to tell somebody :wink:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:14 pm

we're gonna get some snow!!! yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

sorry fan jr, i didn't wanna start a new thread for this just wanted to tell somebody

We are supposed to get some too, only I am not nearly as happy about it. :cry:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:18 pm

We're getting snow here, too.

In Orlando.

Yup, read it in the weather section of the Nat'l Enquirer.

*jealousy*

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:22 pm

Yup, read it in the weather section of the Nat'l Enquirer.

Yeah, I used to live in Clearwater. What you guys call snow down there, we call frost. :lol:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:43 pm

Comparing the snow in Florida to the snow here in Wild and Wonderful would be like comparing one of our thunderstorms to their hurricanes. :shock:

Check out the ski reports for Snowshoe and Canaan Valley ski resorts here in West Virginia and see how much snowfall they have had SO FAR this winter. :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:52 pm

Check out the ski reports for Snowshoe and Canaan Valley ski resorts here in West Virginia and see how much snowfall they have had SO FAR this winter.

I have been to Snowshoe. A bunch of friends of mine go down all the time. I can't ski and it wasn't a pretty site. :oops:

I'd much rather get the snow storn then I would the hurricane. The reason we moved back to Ohio was because of a hurricane. Then it missed our area, but oh well.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:31 pm

Spence, you MOVED out of Florida for a hurricane?

Man. I can't imagine doing that.

Evacuate, sure. Done it plenty of times. But a little wind and rain isn't enough to make me want to move.

My house is ALMOST finished being rebuilt after the 2004 'Canes.

Yeah, I said 2004.

Still, I prefer the weather down this way over anything else. And hurricanes give you a week to either hunker down or get out of Dodge. Snow storms make you hunker down regardless, earthquakes and tornadoes give you no time, and traffic james (that New York City weather phenomenon) is horrific.

Gotta love the 12-lane highways here in Florida.

//

Mountainman... just wanted to say, I'm officially glad that WVU exists =] Nice bunch of people at that school (well... the administration anyways). Not sure I'd want to get too close to a student with a lighter if he's sitting on a couch :wink:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:56 pm

Yep, they do a good job at West Virginia. The students at the university seem to have a good time and enjoy themselves while getting a quality education.

The couch burning tradition has caused the City of Morgantown and the university some 'heartburn' for sure. Boy they would really flip out if they had to put up with some of the stuff we did back in the day. Are you too young to remember the 'streaking' era? :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Spence, you MOVED out of Florida for a hurricane?

Man. I can't imagine doing that.

Evacuate, sure. Done it plenty of times. But a little wind and rain isn't enough to make me want to move.

Yes, It wasn't my choice though, I was a kid. We were from Ohio and my Dad got spooked. We lived right on the beach and the waves were huge. So Dad decided to move back to Ohio. He quit his job and we were on our way back.

It was in 1968 or 69, they didn't have the equipment to predict where it would hit. It missed our house, but it didn't matter. The hurricane was "Abbey" 1st. one of the year. Last one for us.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:17 pm

Sorry, Spence I didn't see your post .... bad habit of scrolling to the last post. :oops:

If you ever come over this way again let me know and maybe we can get in some trout fishing or something.

By the way, you're not the only one who has been a snow plow on this site. :wink:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:25 pm

By the way, you're not the only one who has been a snow plow on this site.

Maybe not the only one, but probably the funniest to watch trying. I was bad, it is a good thing those skis pop off or I would have been a broken man.

The first time my brother went skiing was in Innsbrook, Austria. He said it wasn't the best place to learn. :lol:

I have never been trout fishing. I heard it was a lot of fun.

openSkies
Administrator
Administrator

Postby openSkies » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:55 pm

Ah, gotcha Spence. Yeah, back then I can understand. Now-a-days you can rest easy knowing every detail about the hurricane, and watch 24 hour news with the latest predictions.

//

Mountainman... waaaaay too young to remember the streaking. Most people my age are barely into college =] I have watched That 70's Show, though, and it's in there a bit.

Haha.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:30 am

'88 you can keep your 18" of snow. :lol: We don't get a lot of snow here. It is rare we get over 4 or 5 inches. Back in 1977 we had a blizzard and got a couple feet dumped on us, but we get nothing compared to what they get in the upper mid west or New England.

I think tornados are worse then Hurricanes. You get no warning, but they don't do the wide spread damage that tornados do. There was a tornado hit a guys house about a mile from where I live. It devastated his house, but left the dog and the dog house untouched 50 feet from the house.

Looks like we have hijacked fan-jr,'s thread. Sorry about that jr. :oops:

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 am

we got no snow :(

we havent' had a good snow since 96, i wish they'd just quit talkin about it and getting me all excited......i'm starting to think they just tell us that when the bread and milk sales are down :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Return to “College Basketball”