Butler vs. Loyola Chicago

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Butler vs. Loyola Chicago

Postby BYUfan1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:49 pm

I am a day late on this one but I did not get to see the game until tonight. Butler won in OT by 4 points with A.J. Graves hitting 3 3-pointers in the extra session. Butler is getting valuable experience by playing in so many close games. It should help them out in tournament time.

After seeing the game, I was thinking about the player of the year in the Horizon. Should it go to the best player on the best team, which would be Graves, or should it go simply to the best player which would be, in my opinion, Blake Schilb of Loyola. It will be interesting.
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:07 am

Butler has to be one of the most overrated teams in the country. Sure their preformance in the preseason NIT was nice, but let's remember, Drexel played well in that last year.

Butler should just be scratching the surface of the top 25 in my book. If the tournament started today, I'd give Butler a 6 or 7 seed.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

BYUfan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Butler

Postby BYUfan1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:24 am

Butler won the NIT. I might be wrong but I do not remember Drexel winning it last year. Being a Horizon school, just being ranked is a tremendous accomplishment. It is a big deal to be considered to be one of the best 25 teams in the country out of about 336 schools. Certainly nothing wrong with being a 6 or 7 seed.

I like Butler, but I am not a Butler historian, but I think that would be Butler's best seeding since the tournament expanded to what it is now.

Go Bulldogs!
The critic is one who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
-- Oscar Wilde

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:30 am

Yeah, Drexel didn't win it last year, but they did well in it. They did reach the round just before the finals if I'm not mistaken.

I know, it is a good accomplishment for Butler. I'm on the bandwagon and I hope that they continue the success in the tournament. I'm not like Billy Packer or anything :lol: , I do wish for smaller schools to succeed against bigger ones. I just think that their current ranking may be just a wee bit too high.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Return to “College Basketball”