Big Ten's best

A place to chat about that other college sport during the football off-season.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Larry

Big Ten's best

Postby Larry » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:24 pm

Currently it's IOWA. Odd - since the Hawkeye football team was predicted by most to be a top ten team .... some predicted them as "number one".

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:19 pm

What happened to Northwestern??..........

Anyway, the thing with Iowa basketball is that they aren't a good road team. They play like a top 15 team at home, and they look like a solid mid-major on the road.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Larry

Postby Larry » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:22 pm

Eric -- you got THAT right! I quit following Iowa basketball after the mid-eighties. Then they were number one, but since then....they never come through. That's why I now only supoport their football team.

Eric

Postby Eric » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:20 pm

I realized that when Iowa got killed at the Breslin Center. Played good lately on the road, they're still #1, I'd keep an eye on the Hawkeyes to be a 2nd round team. That's when they'll be beat, not playing at home will hurt them in the tournament. They'll probably be a 2 seed if they win the Big 10, a 3 if they are the #2 team in the Big 10.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

Larry

Postby Larry » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:59 pm

I hope they get into the final 16 -- who knows. Most Hawkeye basketball fans (67% as of Feb 14) figure the head coach will leave after this season to coach Indiana.

Return to “College Basketball”