Bowl Pickem Update

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Bowl Pickem Update

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 am

I will try to update the standings for the Bowl Pickem in this thread, so please don't lock the thread. The updates will be made on this first posts. Crying and whining can be done about your picks in this thread.

The final update has been made.

Updated: 1/10/2012 9AM

Straight up rankings were the same top 2, in the exact order of the confidence points :
LSU Afgan Bob 27 8
Spence 23 12
warrriorsfan808 23 12
WVU 22 13
strawman 21 14
Dossenator 21 14
Attachments
Howdy Bowls.png
Last edited by RazorHawk on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 am, edited 12 times in total.
Hawkeye and Razorback fan in Florida

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Bowl Pickem Update

Postby GoBoilers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 am

RazorHawk wrote:I will try to update the standings for the Bowl Pickem in this thread, so please don't lock the thread. The updates will be made on this first posts. Crying and whining can be done about your picks in this thread.

The two new LSU guys have the first and second place occupied with their fast start. There is a long way to go though.

Yes, boss.
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:49 am

I am starting out down 55 points, 0-3. My bank account is overdrawn. My wife ran off with the neighbors 16 year old son, the dog got ran over by a train, the IRS thinks I owe them more taxes and I got a call from Sandusky for a character reference.

Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 am

donovan wrote:I am starting out down 55 points, 0-3. My bank account is overdrawn. My wife ran off with the neighbors 16 year old son, the dog got ran over by a train, the IRS thinks I owe them more taxes and I got a call from Sandusky for a character reference.

Yeah, but you are only 1 game and just 1 point behind warriorsfan808.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:33 am

One deliberate flinch causing yellow fabric to be tossed by Sand Diego St to attempt a draw of false start of UL La is the 5 yard difference between my being 2-1 instead of 3-0 . . . :roll:

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 pm

RazorHawk wrote:I will try to update the standings for the Bowl Pickem in this thread, so please don't lock the thread. The updates will be made on this first posts. Crying and whining can be done about your picks in this thread.

The two new LSU guys have the first and second place occupied with their fast start. There is a long way to go though.

If I win I spent a lot of hours on this, if I lose I spent about 9minutes on it (one less than you Razor from another thread).
The preceding statements are solely the opinion of GoBoilers and are, therefore, probably not based whatsoever on fact, research or more time in thought than what was required to physically type them. They're probably correct anyway, so you shouldn't argue too much, because otherwise he'll just blather on forever. On the internet Al Gore invented.

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 am

I was really ticked at myself after 2 games. I had picked Temple and Ohio, but when I saw Eric had so much confidence the other way, I changed my pick. As I was way too lazy to change the points, which was my first thought. (I tend to get nervous if my thoughts run counter to Eric's on the MAC or counter to BB on the ACC.)
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:02 am

WoVeU wrote:I was really ticked at myself after 2 games. I had picked Temple and Ohio, but when I saw Eric had so much confidence the other way, I changed my pick. As I was way too lazy to change the points, which was my first thought. (I tend to get nervous if my thoughts run counter to Eric's on the MAC or counter to BB on the ACC.)

You know better than that :lol:

I did think Wyoming had a home field advantage at first (I made these picks less than an hour after all the bowls were announced), but I didn't know Wyoming's run defense was so bad (it was 115th going into the game). I changed my pick before the games started, but I didn't think Ohio would pull it out against Utah State out west. Solich has had an issue getting this team prepared for bowl games, but it looks like they were kinda ready.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

WoVeU
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby WoVeU » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Being lazy will cause problems, being stupid and lazy will cause serious problems. I was practicing the latter. :oops:

I was very surprised with the your Wyoming pick (who I used to watch where I could). So I look them up and am surprised at their record. I waffled back and forth and just followed suit...figuring you never know who shows up at these games. But that too was lazy thinking, because these early bowls, being earlier and lower....bring in teams who are glad to go Bowling and they don't have much of any winter rust.

And the games have been good...which I need to try and remember the next time I yap about so many bowl games! :D
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
R. Reagan

GoBoilers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GoBoilers » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:24 pm

WoVeU wrote:Being lazy will cause problems, being stupid and lazy will cause serious problems. I was practicing the latter. :oops:

I was very surprised with the your Wyoming pick (who I used to watch where I could). So I look them up and am surprised at their record. I waffled back and forth and just followed suit...figuring you never know who shows up at these games. But that too was lazy thinking, because these early bowls, being earlier and lower....bring in teams who are glad to go Bowling and they don't have much of any winter rust.

And the games have been good...which I need to try and remember the next time I yap about so many bowl games! :D

My excuse is I am stupid. You can control lazy but not control being mentally deficient! This way if I am ever convicted of anything I have my bases covered. 8) :twisted:

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 am

Only 2 had Marshall to beat Florida Intl. Marshall was only a 4 point dog, but everyone must have seen the word "FLORIDA" and fell in love with them. Warriorfan808 had Marshall as did WoVeU, but both only had 3 confidence points.

No one has a better record than 2-2 at this juncture, as 3 underdogs have won straight up.

I always preach, when picking bowl games take the dogs, as they are usually the team that is happy to be in the game, while the favorite wishes they were in a better bowl game. And yes, I am 1-3 now. :oops:

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:53 am

I was thinking that Florida International essentially had homefield and that they would be ready to play. They have the better offensive playmakers, but they were sleepwalking throughout the entire game. So I had Utah State, San Diego State, and Florida International, but I needed to pick Ohio, UL Lafayette, and Marshall :roll: ? The Ohio State / USU game was a tossup, but the other two were upsets.

At this rate, I'm scared of Louisiana Tech. They are coming into the game very underrated with a solid defense and a 6-game winning streak. They aren't some scrub this year, they did win the WAC outright. Also, you have to factor in TCU being disappointed about not getting into a BCS game and probably thinking Louisiana Tech is a scrub. Who knows what will happen.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:09 am

The field at Tropicana field looks like a thin dusting of snow on the playing surface.

RazorHawk
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby RazorHawk » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 am

Updated Christmas morning, as I got absolutely nothing for Christmas. Update is on the first post of the thread.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:00 am

RazorHawk wrote:Updated Christmas morning, as I got absolutely nothing for Christmas. Update is on the first post of the thread.

And as I look at my updated position, Razor...you got exactly what you deserved for Christmas! (Thanks for doing this, we all know it is not a simple as you make it sound.)
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Return to “Picks”