CFP Bucks - Wagers part II

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:58 am

I'm on it.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

silverfox
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby silverfox » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:31 am

Silverfox says:
I'd like to put 500 on Florida straight up.... any takers?

Spence says:
I'm on it.

Bet Completed

I mean...really ... think about it... Somehow I am more afraid of a gator than a tree -- although I suppose a tree could poison a gator, somehow the gator seems more ferocious in my mind's eye...so I bet on the Gator...purely for academic reasons:

Aesculus globra vs. mississippiensis

Ohio Buckeye, or Fetid Buckeye, is native to North America and generally has a short trunk and low branching structure. The leaves release an unpleasant odor when crushed. This is because all parts of the tree itself are poisonous. Ohio Buckeye is one of the first trees to lose leaves in autumn and turns a brilliant orange and yellow. The fruit of the Ohio Buckeye is prickly and falls to the ground in late summer.

Although most Floridians have learned to coexist with alligators, the potential for conflict always exists. Because of their predatory nature and large size, alligators can, and occasionally do, attack pets. Regretfully, humans, too, occasionally are attack victims and in rare instances are killed by large alligators. Between 1973 and 1990, 127 alligator attacks on humans were documented with five of those resulting in fatalities. Although this number of attacks may seem high, they constitute a very small percentage of water- related incidents compared to those involving water skiing, scuba diving and boating mishaps.
Win or Lose - IT'S HOW YOU HYPE THE OUTCOME! BCS logic: When teams in the AQ conferences lose, it shows how tough those conferences are; when teams in non-AQ conferences lose, it is weakness.

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:56 am

Spence has Ohio State
Donovan Florida

$3500 CFP Bucks.

Bet Completed
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:56 pm

Hey, Spence, sorry for being late, but I owe Dossenator 25 CFP Bucks for a bet we had that got in late.

Thanks.

Bet Completed

Return to “Picks”