Easy Pickins'

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
mountainman

Easy Pickins'

Postby mountainman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:35 pm

Well, Golly Gee, Eric ...... I so glad to see you took it easy on us pickers this week. :roll:

As I see it, there are eight games where the teams are within 3 points of each other. :shock:

No problem, just another piece of cake for us pickers ... right guys and gall? :lol:

Just kidding you, Eric. Another really good line-up. Thanks for the time and effort. :wink:

Tell you what, pickers ..... Eric is so good at this, I'm willing to make 3 little bets with you.

1st Bet - I'll give 100 to 1 odds and bet 50 CFP bucks with one picker that they do not pick 20 out of 20 games correctly.

2nd Bet - I'll give 100 to 1 odds and bet 25 CFP bucks with two pickers that they do not pick 19 out of 20 games correctly.

3rd Bet - I'll give 100 to 1 odds and bet 20 CFP bucks with three pickers that they do not pick 18 out of 20 games correctly.

What say ye? Any takers? :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:44 pm

He is killing me with some of these games. I sit down and go over these games and in the end I may as well flip a coin. :roll:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:04 pm

Eric is tough ..... his pick list is no gimmie ..... no doubt about that. 8)

I've analyzed, theorized and hypothesized and ........ then flipped a coin. :D

Didn't matter, still got the dag-gum pick wrong. :lol:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:13 pm

He likes to see people struggle and not do well. He can't help it he is a Michigan fan. :lol:
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:47 pm

Really, Mountainman? I think this is one of the easier weeks we've had so far. Last week was kind of difficult for people that aren't glued to the ESPN Bottom Line to figure out how UW-Whitewater did this week :lol: I'm trying to get every team on the picking game at least once, and I have a list. Cincinnati hasn't been on there yet, SMU, Tulane, Buffalo, etc. haven't yet. I tried to find a game for Temple, but nuthin'. I should've taken advantage of the Temple/Buffalo game when I had the chance, I was thinking about putting it on there considering how difficult it would be to pick :lol:

Well, we have some obvious ones this week. There are 6 games with a 100% to 0% difference. There are other obvious ones too. Nebraska is a good team, but Texas is probably too much for them. Same goes with Michigan and Iowa. A&M should take care of business against Okie State.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:23 am

"Really" my foot ...... you get a kick out of making us sweat, you rascal you. :wink:

You've missed the boat on Temple ..... should have had their spring scrimmage game on the pick list ..... that way they would have had a chance of winning, considering the overtime rules and all. :P

Tell you what there Mr. Obvious ..... I'll take Nebraska straight up for 25 CFP Bucks, and I'll take Iowa straight up for 25 CFP Bucks and I'll take Oklahoma State straight up for 50 CFP Bucks. :shock:

What say ye, O'keeper of the picks? :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:21 am

Alright, I'll do the Texas/Michigan bet, but I figure I might want to stay away from the Aggies. I'm pretty confident that they will win, it's just a little bit riskier and I believe the CCR picked Okie State :shock:

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:42 am

Hold on there O'keeper of the picks ..... what happened to obvious? :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:38 am

I think Southern Miss might suprise some people, with the way VT has been playing I must say I am a little suprised that nobody has picked the Golden Eagles. USM is nothing special themselves, but if VT plays like they did against Boston College, it will be a close game. I still think the Hokies win, but it will be within 1 score.

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:32 am

New Mexico rallied from a 24-3 deficit to defeat Utah 34-31 last night ..... I rest my case. :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:34 pm

Awesome! Utah; I don't know what their problem is :?

I think I'm 2-0 to start this week! I'm a coming back 8) (don't worry though guys, I'll finish out this week at 11-9 anyway :lol: )

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Eric wrote:Awesome! Utah; I don't know what their problem is :?

I think their problem last night was that they were playing defense with 7 guys ...... New Mexico went through them like a dose of salts. :lol:

You've got my head spinning on the Pitt & Rutgers game ....... :P :P :P

Pitt .... Rutgers .... Pitt .... Rutgers .... Pitt .... Rutgers :? :shock: :roll:

wvjohn
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby wvjohn » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:07 pm

Well I think Rutgers will take it too Pitt, they are hungry this is the best I have ever Seen from Rutgers.

And I think that Pitt has not been challenged so far this year .

Rutgers is on fire this year so far and they are looking for their first Big East win (I think their only one) and they are dangerous.

It will be a good game too face Rutgers. Man that sounds funny to talk of Rutgers like.

And then again I could be wrong and it wont be the first and more than likly wont be the last.
Big 12

FEAR NONE RESPECT ALL

IT IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A MOUNTAINEER WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:01 pm

Well, if Rutgers is going to win the game they better get H.B. Blades blocked on the offensive side and they better get after Palko on the defensive side. And if Pitt is going to win the game they better get that scat back they've got loose a few times on offense and they better tackle well on the defensive side.

Gonna' be fun to watch Leonard for the Knights and Blades for the Panthers go after one another ... keep an eye on those two.

Here we go again .... Rutgers .... Pitt .... Rutgers .... Pitt .... :lol:

Eric

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:18 am

WVU wrote:Well I think Rutgers will take it too Pitt, they are hungry this is the best I have ever Seen from Rutgers.

And I think that Pitt has not been challenged so far this year .

Rutgers is on fire this year so far and they are looking for their first Big East win (I think their only one) and they are dangerous.

It will be a good game too face Rutgers. Man that sounds funny to talk of Rutgers like.

And then again I could be wrong and it wont be the first and more than likly wont be the last.

Neither of these teams have played anybody. Navy had their starting QB, Hampton, knocked out of the ballgame which means they probably wouldn't have been shut out but Rutgers still would've won the ballgame pretty convincingly.

Pitt lost to their only test of the season, Michigan State before the collapse began. It should be pretty interesting to watch this game because people will tell you "oh, but they haven't even beaten anybody" but that doesn't mean they aren't good teams.

I said earlier in the week that Rutgers would get stomped, but I'm starting to lean a little more to the Rutgers side. Even so, I'm taking Pitt in a squeaker, they win by 3.

Return to “Picks”