Predictions 2022: Week Five

Confidence points, straight-up picks, and bragging rights.
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Predictions 2022: Week Five

Postby Cane from the Bend » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:47 am

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, October 1rst

(1.) Oklahoma State - @ - Baylor
(2.) California - @ - Washington State
(3.) Indiana - @ - Nebraska
(4.) Kentucky - @ - Ole Miss
(5.) Texas State - @ - James Madison
(6.) Wake Forest - @ - Florida State
(7.) Iowa State - @ - Kansas
(8.) Michigan State - @ - Maryland
(9.) SMU - @ - UCF
(10.) Ohio - @ - Kent State
(11.) Texas A&M - @ - Mississippi State
(12.) Georgia Southern - @ - Coastal Carolina
(13.) FAU - @ - North Texas
(14.) Liberty - @ - Old Dominion
(15.) LSU - @ - Auburn --- [The Tiger Bowl]
(16.) Cincinnati - @ - Tulsa
(17.) UL Monroe - @ - Arkansas State
(18.) Troy - @ - Western Kentucky
(19.) NC State - @ - Clemson --- [The Textile Bowl]
(20.) Virginia - @ - Duke

--- predictions will be accepted up to 12:00 noon EST Saturday Kickoff ---

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Predictions 2022: Week Five

Postby Mountainman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 am

Geeeezzzzz…… they really need to add Cane’s Weekly Pick List to this list…… :shock:

https://worldnewlive.com/what-are-the-5 ... -on-earth/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:17 pm

1.) Baylor
(2.) California
(3.) Nebraska
(4.) Ole Miss
(5.) James Madison
(6.) Florida State
(7.) Iowa State -p
(8.) Michigan State
(9.) UCF
(10.) Kent State
(11.) Mississippi State
(12.) Coastal Carolina
(13.) North Texas
(14.) Liberty
(15.) LSU
(16.) Cincinnati
(17.) UL Monroe
(18.) Western Kentucky
(19.) Clemson
(20.) Duke

This is akin to throwing darts at a board…… with one eye covered. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Mountainman on Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
”We’re already in a time where the on-field aspect of College Football is almost a distraction. It’s an era filled with handwringing about player empowerment, NCAA deregulation, the transfer portal and realignment all while the sport generally moves toward a professional model.” ~ Dennis Dodd

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Mountainman wrote:Geeeezzzzz…… they really need to add Cane’s Weekly Pick List to this list…… :shock:

:lol: :lol:

I have not put a ton of thought into the picks. I have just been pinning the tail on the donkey. It will probably get worse when I start analizing the games. :lol: :lol: I have one more week of HS golf tournaments left. They surprised me and got to move on to the district finals next Monday. We have no chance to move on to the state, so next Monday I am done.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:57 pm

(1.) Baylor
(2.) Washington State
(3.) Nebraska
(4.) Ole Miss
(5.) James Madison
(6.) Florida State
(7.) Iowa State
(8.) Maryland
(9.) SMU
(10.) Kent State
(11.) Mississippi State
(12.) Coastal Carolina
(13.) FAU
(14.) Liberty
(15.) LSU
(16.) Cincinnati
(17.) Arkansas State
(18.) Western Kentucky
(19.) Clemson
(20.) Virginia

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Spence wrote:
Mountainman wrote:Geeeezzzzz…… they really need to add Cane’s Weekly Pick List to this list…… :shock:

I have not put a ton of thought into the picks. I have just been pinning the tail on the donkey. It will probably get worse when I start analizing the games. :lol: :lol: I have one more week of HS golf tournaments left. They surprised me and got to move on to the district finals next Monday. We have no chance to move on to the state, so next Monday I am done.

Certainly appears you taught them something about how to swing it and how to play the game………. teaching kids things that require precision and correctness is no easy task. Especially this day and time and with this generation!!!!! :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm

Mountainman wrote:
Spence wrote:

Certainly appears you taught them something about how to swing it and how to play the game………. teaching kids things that require precision and correctness is no easy task. Especially this day and time and with this generation!!!!! :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

Not my first rodeo. They came a long way this year. Not as far as I had hoped, but that rarely happens. I guess I expect a lot. :lol:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: .

Yeah, it is my intention to find the closest potential match ups.

I start with Rivalries [that is, those that aren't too obvious of blowouts], then go to intriguing opponents with name value, then teams who've had parallel success.

Sometimes I get it right, as reflected by single score point differential and Overtime outings, that make the list.

Sometimes, however, I think I must've missed something, where a 3 or 4 + TD victory occurs.

What I don't do, however, is consider how in the blasted world I'm going to make my selections while choosing these games.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:25 am

(1.) Baylor
(2.) Washington State
(3.) Indiana
(4.) Kentucky
(5.) Texas State
(6.) Florida State
(7.) Kansas
(8.) Michigan State
(9.) UCF
(10.) Kent State
(11.) Miss St
(12.) Georgia Southern
(13.) FAU
(14.) Liberty
(15.) LSU
(16.) Cincinnati
(17.) Arkansas State
(18.) Troy
(19.) Clemson
(20.) Virginia
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:35 am

------------------------------------------------------------

(1.) Oklahoma State
(2.) Washington State
(3.) Indiana
(4.) Ole Miss
(5.) James Madison
(6.) Wake Forest
(7.) Kansas
(8.) Maryland
(9.) SMU
(10.) Kent State
(11.) Mississippi State
(12.) Coastal Carolina
(13.) FAU
(14.) Liberty
(15.) LSU
(16.) Tulsa
(17.) UL Monroe
(18.) Western Kentucky
(19.) NC State
(20.) Duke

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:32 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:

I start with Rivalries [that is, those that aren't too obvious of blowouts], then go to intriguing opponents with name value, then teams who've had parallel success.

Sometimes I get it right, as reflected by single score point differential and Overtime outings, that make the list.

Sometimes, however, I think I must've missed something, where a 3 or 4 + TD victory occurs.

What I don't do, however, is consider how in the blasted world I'm going to make my selections while choosing these games.

I find myself in the same boat when it comes to making the selections……. I’ve settled on using my ‘Lucky Quarter’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it up…….. we all might lose a few hairs trying to decided, but it’s fun!! :wink:

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:14 pm

Mountainman wrote:

I find myself in the same boat when it comes to making the selections……. I’ve settled on using my ‘Lucky Quarter’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it up…….. we all might lose a few hairs trying to decided, but it’s fun!! :wink: .

Sure, sure ... ... ... ... and, on a "Purely Unrelated" topic ... ... ... ...

What was Elvira's phone number again 8)

Cane... [__]

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:27 pm

Cane from the Bend wrote:(9.) SMU - @ - UCF

So, yeah ...

They backed this game up until Wednesday the 5th.

I'm still going to count this game, but that will mean the week five scores will be posted up 3 or 4 days after the Week 6 Predictions are going to be submitted.

I'll try to get the Scores up Wednesday Night after the game, though I cannot make any guarantees, as that is my Birthday.

Rarely I get to have a say in how that day goes :lol:

Cane... [__]

Mountainman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mountainman » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:06 am

Mountainman wrote:

Keep it up…….. we all might lose a few hairs trying to decided, but it’s fun!! :wink: .

Sure, sure ... ... ... ... and, on a "Purely Unrelated" topic ... ... ... ...

What was Elvira's phone number again 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7IlgJpzeMU

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:35 am

Mountainman wrote:

Keep it up…….. we all might lose a few hairs trying to decided, but it’s fun!! :wink:

I spent my lucky quarter.

Return to “Picks”