We Won...with Class! Hook Em!

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.

If you had a choice, which would you prefer?

For your team to win without class?
No votes
For your team to lose with class?
100%

Total votes: 6

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

We Won...with Class! Hook Em!

Postby Yeofoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:58 am

That was the most amazing game I've ever seen. Both teams played great. I used a vacation day yesterday and watched the game 3 more times, and watched that game winning scramble about 100 times, seriously. Last night was good for college football. People didn't like those classless teams of the 80s and 90s that would win with a bunch of smack talking thugs. I lost count of how many times I saw a USC player help a UT player up, or a UT player return the favor. From whistle to whistle those guys had total disregard for their own bodies, trying to physically punish the other guy for being on the same field as them. When the game finished, Mack Brown got the entire stadium cheer for USC for being such a good team. Of course VY was asked about the Heisman, and very easily could've talked smack and said "I bet they'd trade their Heisman for this", but didn't. Leinart tried to be diplomatic, and kinda came across as a jerk, but c'mon, talk about not being used to losing, he was in shock. And the classiest move of the year award goes to...Reggie Bush, for going to the Longhorn locker room after the game and congratulating Texas on a great game. VY and Bush set an example to all the players watching what being a champion is about. Both of those teams were just that...TEAMS! I hope this becomes a standard for college football again. Class, something that hasn't been demanded of college athletes in a long time. Congratulations USC on a great run. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:08 am

Atta boy, Yeofoot.

..fanatic
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby ..fanatic » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:14 pm

I want some class either way. Now, if my team was being classy and losing EVERY GAME........
"Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:28 pm

been there :lol:
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:02 pm

And the classiest move of the year award goes to...Reggie Bush, for going to the Longhorn locker room after the game and congratulating Texas on a great game.

Bush showed what he was made of here. I hope he does well in the NFL. To come of to the Texas locker room to shake their hands in what had to be a very painfull time shows amazing class and sportsmanship. You have to root for guys like that.

Both teams played a hard clean game and deserve the respect awarded to champions.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

mountainman

Postby mountainman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Atta boy, Rich.

Yeofoot
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Yeofoot » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:19 pm

I feel like it's my duty to go ahead an point out that Texas had an interception that was not given to them in the 4th quarter. The linebacker picked it and the ball came out when he hit the ground. That was a gift The Officials and Texas gave to USC. And go ahead everyone, think that VY won the game by himself. Watch the last play of the game, count how many Trojans are on the ground. Those O-lineman is goooood.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:24 pm

thats because young changed direction in midstep, allowing the blockers to take their guys down. its amazing...how many times do you see a team win the national championship not by scoring points by executing a play, but by a talented qb scoring on broken plays, all he did was run. he only had 267 passing yards. amazing.

They did the same thing to us. I went that whole game thinking that we had it won and in the end we didn't have enough points. Young had a great year and he just willed his team to win. You can't fight fate man. It was meant to be.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:42 pm

i agree spence. it was their fate to win...no matter what. i think mack sold his soul!! hey spence, you ready for 08 and 09?? what hotel should i stay at when my TROJANS play your buckeyes at the shoe?? any suggestions? i WILL be there!!

Do you want to stay near the 'Shoe or Away from high street?

Downtown you have the Hyatt. Close to the U there is a Hampton in the Short North and the Blackwell is very nice.

Worthington has a cool B&B if that is what you want.

I usually stay at the Hilton @ Easton or the Embassey Suites on Cleveland Ave. up near Westerville. Not that far away from anything, but far enough away from the idiots for your family.

Where did you stay when you were up here at the horse congress?

Return to “General Discussion”