Congrats to Bama_girl, rolltide and all Bama fans

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to Bama_girl, rolltide and all Bama fans

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am

Great team, great game. Congrats.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

Derek
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Congrats to Bama_girl, rolltide and all Bama fans

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 am

A commanding performance. Complete control on both sides of the ball. Notre Dame was out of their league.

But I do admire Kelly for having them in this game already, I don't know of many coaches who could do that. They had a good season, and my congratulations to him on that.

I would normally want an SEC team to win, but that was doubly true tonight since they were playing Notre Dame. 8)
They’re either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it.

The fewer rules a coach has, the fewer rules there are for players to break.

See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.

- John Madden

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:02 am

Absolutely they were in control of everything, save Mussberger. When A & M won the other night, I believed they were the best team in the country. I think they are the second best after tonight.
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 am

Boy, that's a close call, isn't it?

I hate to put same conference teams in the top 2 . . . especially when it's feeding the beast (SEC).
But, it is hard to argue against Alabama #1, Texas A&M #2.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:22 am

Cane from the Bend wrote:Boy, that's a close call, isn't it?

I hate to put same conference teams in the top 2 . . . especially when it's feeding the beast (SEC).
But, it is hard to argue against Alabama #1, Texas A&M #2.

I don't mind them finishing one and two as long as they aren't playing in the championship together. Even if you think they are the two best, you can't find out of they play each other. They prove lots more when they beat someone from outside.

bama_girl
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bama_girl » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 am

but the best part of this whole season for me has been the sec championship and not having to see all the fair weather fan auburn paraphernalia plastered all over the place. that crap is GONE now. i got no respect for those ppl. altho the stupid tiger tails hanging out of the trunks on their cars was helpful in alerting others to beware of really bad drivers.
The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire. ~Mark Twain

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I tell you what though...a Bama vs A&M championship game would have been more entertaining then watching grown men whip up on kindergartners like we saw last night. Where was the all world ND defense they spoke of for weeks. ND's stud LB that won all those national awards looked lost and continually got steam rolled by Lacy and others.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Dossenator wrote:I tell you what though...a Bama vs A&M championship game would have been more entertaining then watching grown men whip up on kindergartners like we saw last night. Where was the all world ND defense they spoke of for weeks. ND's stud LB that won all those national awards looked lost and continually got steam rolled by Lacy and others.

I don't now nor will I ever believe that two teams from the same conference should play each other in a one game playoff. The only way you can ever find out how good teams are is to play someone from a different pool of teams. Notre Dame earned the right to play in the game. I thought Notre Dame would get slaughtered at the beginning of bowl season. After watching the games it appeared that the teams were more similar that I originally thought and I thought that Notre Dame could make it closer. I thought around 35-17. Saban proved that with the time to prepare he could make Notre Dame toothless. He is a great coach. He was very good at Michigan State and proved himself great at LSU and Alabama. With a month to prepare he is going to beat about anyone. Brian Kelly isn't in his league. There aren't many that are.

Dossenator

Postby Dossenator » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:34 am

I am with you Spence. I was just saying the game was almost unwatchable and I believe several teams could have given Bama more of a battle.
"A team with something to play for is dangerous, but a team with someone to play for is unstoppable..." Arkansas OL Brey Cook quote following the death of teammate Garrett Uekman (Nov. 2011).

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 am

Oh, I agree. Oregon, Clemson, and A&M to name a few.

Cane from the Bend
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby Cane from the Bend » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Actually, I not only thought the BCS Championship game was watchable . . . but, down right entertaining.

No, you do not want to see a title game so one sided.
However, it was Notre Dame getting trounced.

I would watch & re-watch that game, several times over.

It sure as heck shuts up the arrogance around here.

Let nd start with a 4-0 record, and people in South Bend start yammering of National Championship.

There aren't any, "We're unstoppable" attitude fans in the Bend today.

Yes, they had a great season . . . an undefeated season, where they beat virtually every rival they amassed over the years. Nobody can take that away from them.

However; they are not National Championship worthy . . . and, after that performance, I'm not sure they were as solid a post season team as anyone predicted.

They did deserve to be in the game . . . and I'm glad they were.
But the picture of them by the media, was painted with stolen colors.

Cane... [__]

"It is only impossible until it has been accomplished." ... then it becomes standardized ...

Success is measured by results; whereas Character is measured through the means by which one achieves those results . . .

It seems the Rapture did come for two worthy souls:
In Memory of Grandpa Howdy
In Memory of Donovan Davisson

Return to “General Discussion”