OK... Notre Dame In Title Game

Say it all here
Forum rules
NOTICE: Please be sure to check the CFP Message Board Rules and Regulations and the Read Me page before posting.
Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Re: OK... Notre Dame In Title Game

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

I thought going into the bowl season that Notre Dame was going to get killed, but after watching the games so far, I'm not so sure. Even though the B-10 went 1-4 in bowl games they were competitive in all of them except for Purdue. My opinion going in was that the B-10 wasn't very good and that the B-10 teams were playing out of position with the two teams with the best records were sitting home under suspension. Ohio State should have been at the Rose, Penn State at the Cap one. That makes every team under them probably a favorite instead of an underdog in the game. They shouldn't have competed yesterday and they did. That tells me that CFB in general is down this year. I think Bama will end up winning, but I'm not convinced it will be the butt whipping I originally thought it would be.
"History doesn't always repeat itself but it often rhymes." - Mark Twain

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 am

Of course Notre Dame belongs. Question is, does Alabama?
Statistics are the Morphine of College Football

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 am

donovan wrote:Of Notre Dame belongs. Question is, does Alabama?

They both belong.

Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm

I picked Notre Dame. I think it's a team-of-destiny kind of thing. Alabama has a better offense, but the stats are skewed a little bit because Alabama played a lot of teams with terrible to average defenses (Tennessee, Arkansas, Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Missouri). They can score, but the domination relative to ND's when it comes to average YPG and PPG I think is a tad misleading. Notre Dame played a lot of teams that are capable defensively and they persevered. I still think this game will be a defensive slugfest and in a low-scoring game, a couple breaks here and there or a turnover or a penalty can make the difference. I don't see any reason why those breaks can't go towards Notre Dame.

I think the belief/determination/chemistry factor is on Notre Dame's side. Alabama is tremendously coached though and they don't make the stupid mistake. Alabama has a few more athletes. It's going to be a battle.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

billybud
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby billybud » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:39 am

Notre Dame had a good defense last year in their bowl...which was a defensive struggle.

What will help the Irish this year is better quarterback play and more offense.
“If short hair and good manners won football games, Army and Navy would play for the national championship every year.”

warrriorsfan808
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Location: Live In: Honolulu, Hi Born In: New Braunfels, Texas

Postby warrriorsfan808 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am

I haven't been this excited about Notre Dame football since the movie "RUDY" came out!! GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!
I don't think the Tide can rise high enough to stop the Irish!

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

I'm still rooting for Alabama, but I'm not as confident about my pick as I was a week ago.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Well, I don't much like either team. Too bad they both can't lose. Still I would take a 3-3 tie and 10 overtimes (until neither team could stand up still ending in a tie 63-63. :mrgreen: envy I guess.

Swamp Daddy :wink:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

I picked Alabama...because I was using some convoluted system developed by some Chinese Communist.

Next year I am going to pick the teams both in the season and confidence group, on who I want to win...who I feel good about their wining... So...I will not have to pick SC or TCU or and SEC conference team when they are playing out of league. I already feel good about this decision and will stick with it until at least in the morning...which comes around 5:00 AM....see we can get up and watch East Coast football while we are eating breakfast....West Coast while Mr. Billybud is sleeping and mid day while Eric is fretting and fussing about stuff that keeps the pharmaceuticals in business.

I am going to root for Notre Dame.....Because of Rudy and the Gipper. Because they finally have a coach that seems like he is a good guy. Because they are playing the...I think 4th best team in the country.

Spence
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spence » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 am

I don't have it in me to root for Notre Dame. I have always been a little bit of a Bama fan. I don't like Saban, but I don't care much for the current Buckeye coach either, so I can't let that stop me. :lol:

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 am

If ESPN comes out with one more list of ten reasons why Alabama will win.....They don't even think they need a disclaimer that they prostituted the SEC and Alabama is their featured attraction and they have to despise Notre Dame because they do not have their TV contract.

My thinking...Alabama by 14.....My hope Notre Dame by 1.

Swamp Daddy
Coordinator
Coordinator

Postby Swamp Daddy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like ND is over-hyped for the game and screwing up right and left. Looks like Bama is having fun.

Swamp Daddy :wink:
visit: http://thecrunchzone.com/ for news
site moved to: http://cardinalforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1 for discussions

generic university site is: http://www.gocards.com/

Eric

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Yeah, this game is over. Notre Dame is getting slaughtered. Alabama's offensive line is impenetrable tonight and they aren't helping their own case my missing open-field tackles. I'm going to say the final score is 49-10.
Running bowl/MSU/OSU record '05-present: 11-32

donovan
Athletic Director
Athletic Director

Postby donovan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

donovan wrote:If ESPN comes out with one more list of ten reasons why Alabama will win.....They don't even think they need a disclaimer that they prostituted the SEC and Alabama is their featured attraction and they have to despise Notre Dame because they do not have their TV contract.

My thinking...Alabama by 14.....My hope Notre Dame by 1.

I nailed it....Alabama by 14....oh..maybe I just left out the first quarter phrase..

Return to “General Discussion”